A selection of articles related to vajrayana.
Original articles from our library related to the Vajrayana. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vajrayana.
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
Vajrayana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vajrayana books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- VAJRAYANA FORMS IN UPSTATE NEW YORK A Thesis Presented
- Vajrayana, the 'Diamond vehicle,' outside its origin of cultivation brings with it continued practices and teachings of Vajrayana Buddhism.
- Datura Rituals in the - The Vajrayana Research Resource
- Vol. 16 (1993): 71 -76. Datura Rituals in the Vajramahabhairava-Tantra1.
Suggested News Resources
- A religious visit is on
- The Dalai Lama, spiritual head of Tibetan or Vajrayana Buddhism which is followed in Mongolia also, is now on an eight-day visit to Mongolia.
- BBCSSO/Volkov – review
- During his time (2005-2008) as composer-in-association with the BBC Scottish Symphony, Jonathan Harvey composed a trilogy of works dealing with Vajrayana Buddhist concepts of purification for the orchestra and its then chief conductor Ilan Volkov.
- To restore practices fallen into disuse
- Drukpa Kagyue sect of Vajrayana Buddhism is known as the Drukpa tradition of practice and its teaching passed from one master to another.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama concludes two-day programme in Finland
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama's visit to Finland was hosted by the Finnish Tibetan Cultural Association and Songtsen, a Tibetan Buddhist Vajrayana Community in Finland.
- Kumar Gallery Hosts A Retrospective Show On Sohan Qadri
- He used signs inspired from Kundalini yoga and Vajrayana yoga and his work appeared to resonate with the theories of colours having effect on our psyche based on the aesthetics of moods or rasas.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vajrayana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The period of Indian Vajrayana Buddhism has been classified as the fifth or final period of Indian Buddhism.
- Buddhist Schools: Vajrayana (Tibetan)
- It is known as Vajrayana because of the ritual use of the vajra, a symbol of imperishable diamond, of thunder and lightning.
- Vajrayana Foundation :: Home
- 11 hours ago A center of teaching and practice in the Dudjom lineage of the Nyingmapa.
- Vajrayana Buddhism Origins, Vajrayana Buddhism History
- Vajrayana Buddhism, also known as the "Diamond" or "Thunderbolt Vehicle," is a form of Buddhism that developed in India in the 5th century C.E.
- Vajrayana (Buddhism) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Vajrayana (Buddhism), form of Tantric Buddhism that developed in India and neighbouring countries, notably Tibet.
Related searchesbritish motor corporation bmc cars
vegetarianism and religion hinduism
dream dictionary lighthouse
hand grenade design and operation
kmail spam and filtering
culture of nepal terai region
option historical uses of options