A selection of articles related to vamana purana.
Original articles from our library related to the Vamana Purana. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vamana Purana.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Vamana Purana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vamana Purana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mahashivaratri: Favorite Plants of Lord Shiva
- The three leaflets of bael leaf considered as the three eyes or trident weapon of Lord Shiva and believed to be symbolic of the three main forces of life: creation, destruction and preservation.
- 'Kumaradhara Theertha Mukkoti' on Feb. 22
- According to Vamana and Varaha Puranas , the Theertham attained the name after an old man was transformed into a teenager by the Lord Himself moved by his devotion. In Sanskrit, the teenager is referred to as 'Kaumara' or 'Kumaradasa' and hence the ...
- Devdutt Pattanaik: A political Durga
- The story of Durga comes to us from the Sanskrit Devi Mahatmaya or Chandi Patha that is part of the Markandeya Purana and is around 1,500 years old. Her icons are also traced to the same period. Some scholars are of the opinion that the idea of a ...
- Some Strange Inconsistencies In Our National Discourse – Part 3
- In this fiasco, isn't it unfortunate that they forget to even mention the true pioneers of science in ancient India like Caraka, Āryabhaṭṭa, Nāgārjuna, and Bhāskara?