Vauxhall Gay Village
A selection of articles related to vauxhall gay village.
Original articles from our library related to the Vauxhall Gay Village. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vauxhall Gay Village.
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Weight of the World
- A man and his son were once going with their donkey to market. As they were walking along a countryman passed them and said: "You fools, what is a donkey for, but to ride upon?" So the man put the boy on the donkey and they went on their way. But...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Vauxhall Gay Village is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vauxhall Gay Village books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- LGBT lanterns: How Peter Purton lit the way for generations of the rights struggle
- If you were to wander through the streets of Soho, Dalston, Vauxhall or on Canal Street and speak to LGBT people who populate these areas, most will not have heard of Peter. ...
- Austria warns its migrant camp is already a 'breeding ground' for radicalising
- In 2015, over a million people reached Europe's shores - nearly half of them Syrians fleeing a brutal civil war that has killed more than a quarter of a million people.
- Closing time: the loss of iconic gay venues is a nasty side-effect of London's
- Back to Tower Hamlets town hall. Michael is something of a fixture on the London gay scene in general, be it Soho, the East End or Vauxhall, and has a lot to say about what's going on.
- The 'gaytrification' effect: why gay neighbourhoods are being priced out
- Lesbians tend to plug into the existing institutions of an area – coffee shops, theatres, grocery stores. When gay men arrive, however, they tend to build new institutions – new restaurants, stores, bars – and property values start to rise.
- New York teen charged with DWI after police find eight passengers in his car
- A 19-year-old teenager charged with driving while intoxicated had eight passengers in his car, including two in his trunk, at the time of his arrest. Trevor Kureczka was pulled over around 12.40am on New Year's Day in Lockport, New York after another ...