- Speaking of Sanskrit
- In a loose sense, this has happened with many branches (shakhas) of sacred texts (shastras), Vedas and Vedangas included. It's a strange empiricist's argument to hold that Sanskrit has no value to offer without even knowing what 95 per cent of those ...
- Sanskrit literature was as good as internet for ancient India
- They build a strong foundation in the language.
- President inaugurates TTD's veda patasala in AP
- Vedic seers had codified 14 vidyas into 4 vedas, 6 vedangas, puranas, nanya, mimamsa and Dharmashastra. These vedic texts enshrine the message of world peace, prosperity and sustainable development," the President said. In ancient times, vidyas were ...
- Analysis and Review of Anti-Hindu Bias in Early Scholarly Work
- The Puranas do contain information pertaining to Vedangas and upavedas[xii] and when considering all of these facts it is extremely difficult to separate Hinduism from the older Vedic teachings.
- Panini's Ashtadhyayi sets linguistic standards
- As translated by Srisa Chandra Vasu, Vyakarana (Grammar) is determined as one of the six Vedangas—'limbs of the Veda'. Its study was deemed necessary for a correct interpretation of sacred mantras and proper performance of Vedic rites. Linguistic ...
Vedangas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedangas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
african american criticism of term
musical theatre history
sects in india