A selection of articles related to vedic chant.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Chant. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Chant.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Lynne, Carol
- Growing up surrounded by music, Carole Lynneâ€™s musical education has ranged from the informal training of her parents teaching her how to sing jazz to formal instruction at The Juilliard School of Music, University of Michigan Music School, and The American...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- A Basic Guide to Charm Making
- A charm is a collection of herbs, gemstones and other tiny bits and pieces that are chosen for their specific energies to help with the desired outcome. These are usually combined and sewn into a piece of cloth, or a mojo bag. It is then charged by a spell or...
Spells >> Charms
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
Vedic Chant is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Chant books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Vedic Chant Immersion and Teacher Training Program
- Prerequisite-Introduction to Vedic Chant – a 3 day workshop (or its equivelent). 2. Foundations of Vedic Chant - two 10 day seminars in one year.
- CANCER - Vedic Chant Center
- VEDIC CHANTING.
- Vedic Chants vak`x tauND mahakxaya saUya-k xaoiT samapa`Ba
- Vedic Chants vak`x tauND mahakxaya saUya-k xaoiT samapa`Ba | inaiva-GnaM kux r} maodova sava-k xayao-Yausava-d a ||.
Suggested News Resources
- Kindly Light
- The Vedic chant reminded some missionaries of John Henry Newman's famous hymn, "Lead kindly, Light". Cardinal Newman composed it in Italy in 1833, when he was still a young priest.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vedic chant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The oral tradition of the Vedas (Śrauta) consists of several pathas, "recitations" or ways of chanting the Vedic mantras.
- Vedic Chant Center
- Special Events. Healing Yoga Foundation San Francisco, California.
- VEDIC CHANTS WITH TRANSLATION - YouTube
- Jun 14, 2007 I know its vedic chants, but whos it performed by? twilightkinko 2 years ago. Thank you for the comments.
- Vedic Chants
- Vedic Chants by Sri Ubhaya Vedanta Varad Ramanujam, mp3 downloads.
- Vedic chant (music) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Vedic chant (music), religious chant of India, the expression of hymns from the Vedas, the ancient scriptures of Hinduism.