A selection of articles related to vedic chanting.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Chanting. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Chanting.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Wiccan Rede
- Bide the Wiccan Laws we must In perfect love and perfect trust. Live and let live, Fairly take and fairly give, Cast the Circle thrice about To keep the evil spirits out. To bind the spell every time, Let the spell be spake in rhyme. Soft of eye and light of...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- An Earth Religion?
- A Circle of people stand in the midst of a beautiful green field, tightly and joyously hand-in-hand. A small bonfire burns gently in the center of their Circle, sending its warmth and light all about. The Circle of people dance round the flame, singing and...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Vedic Chanting is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Chanting books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Yoga Or Pilates - What's Better? Know The Difference And What Each Can Do For You
- Yoga's origin goes back to thousands of years and was first practiced by Vedic priests in India. But over centuries, it has evolved into different ... Classes also include chanting and meditation, which are not part of Pilates.
- Tiruchi today
- RELIGION. Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple, BHEL Township: Brahmotsavam, Yali vaganam, 6 a.m.
- Photos: Maha Shivarathri Celebrations at Puttaparthy
- The Evening celebrations of Maha Shivarathri 2016 witnessed the auspicious Lingabhishekam to the sanctified Sayeeshwara Lingam in Prasanthi Nilayam that was followed by a relay of Divine Discourse and commencement of Akhanda Bhajan at 1800 Hrs.
- Devotion, gaiety mark festival
- Maha Rudrabhishekam was performed by ritviks amidst Vedic chanting. Ganapati puja, with the chanting of Mahanyasam 1008 siva lingas were prepared with 'putta mannu' (ant hill mud), shodasa avaahana puja, ekadasa rudrabhishekam, dasa shanthi and ...
- Krishna Devotees Look to Provide for This Life
- Along with his fellow devotees, Mr. Siegel shaved his head, wore a dhoti and spent hours each day chanting and dancing in public places while distributing Prabhupada's translations and commentaries on ancient Vedic texts. “We pooled our money and lived ...