A selection of articles related to vedic customs.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Customs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Customs.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Vedic Customs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Customs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:17 AM From:"email@example.com
- Aug 10, 2010 complete and fulfilled, it is better that they still have a strong connection with their Vedic traditions.
- Narada Bhakthi Suthras
- Giving away the social and Vedic customs including religious activities is termed as a form of this renunciation. 9.
- Veda in Nepal
- kings.1 Vedic traditions, too, occasionally are mentioned along with. Hindu and Buddhist religious practices.
- Intro Vedic Literrature, Part I
- Introduction to Vedic Literature, Part I by Sanjiv R. Malkan.
- Neeroh Book.indd
- Hinduism - a way of life. 3. Vedic Traditions.
Suggested News Resources
- Foreign couple tie the knot the Indian style
- The wedding ceremony was followed by a 'Gana Homa' and as according to the vedic customs the coy bride and the handsome groom exchanged garlands, as friends and guests cheered wildly.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Among its direct roots is the historical Vedic religion of Iron Age India and, as such Varnas; 9.5 Ahimsa, vegetarianism and other food customs; 9.
- Vedic Empire - Indian Origins of Filipino Customs
- Joomla - the dynamic portal engine and content management system.
- Hindu Rites, Rituals, Customs and Traditions by Prem - Vedic Books
- Hindu Rites, Rituals, Customs and Traditions by Prem P. Bhalla.
Vedic Customs Topics
Related searcheslists of fictional characters
meaning of dreams about flying
music of kenya borana
kumari life of the royal kumari
battle of britain the dowding system
slope definition of slope