A selection of articles related to vedic customs.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Customs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Customs.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Vedic Customs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Customs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- VEDIC HINDUISM by SW Jamison and M. Witzel - Harvard University
- defined than is modern custom). It may also be added that to call this period. " Vedic Hinduism" is a contradiction in terminis since Vedic religion is very different ...
- Contesting the Vedic Sacrifice in a Transcultural Public Square
- The Vedic sacrifice, a traditional Indian ritual involving sacrificial offerings into fire , has been ..... end, religious centers incorporate various customs. From here, it ...
- Religion, Customs, and Traditions - College of the Holy Cross
- Their Vedic witrlgriclrrgzlds, such as Surya (sun) and Indra (rain),. WiSdom) ( tilrltalized in the four Vedas (Books of to have be, e earliest Hindu scriptures, ...
- The Literary Construction of Secret Knowledge in the Early
- the Buddhist tantric texts vehemently oppose the Vedic tradition and attempt to ...... texts owe as much to Vedic customs and Brahmanical literature as they do to ...
- MacDonell's Vedic Reader - Stanford University
- In conjunction with my Vedic Grammar for Students, the Reader ...... gives more information thanany of the rest about thefuneral customs of early Yedic India (cf.
Suggested News Resources
- A Brief History of Ostara
- The second problem is that Grimm's association of Teutonic Easter customs in  and  to an earlier Pagan holiday is largely conjecture.
- A bite of India's culinary history
- We know, for instance, that the Vedic Aryans believed in sacrificing animals: goats, sheep, oxen, horses, birds, etc (it has now become controversial to say that cows were sacrificed, so let's leave that aside).
- 'Growing intolerance, narrow interpretation of nationalism main challenges
- So, can the Church first practise what it preaches?, i.e.
- The everlasting flame
- (Top) A Parsi woman at the Kappawala Agiary at Tardeo. (Above left): The fire of the Zartoshti Anjuman Atash Behram in Dhobi Talao was consecrated Oct 17, 1897; A group of refugees made their way from Iran to Gujarat and sought shelter in the 8th century.
- Devdutt Pattanaik: Four types of Indology
- They yearn for pride and often succumb to Right Wing propaganda that endorses the Vedic world as magical and perfect — before the arrival of the Muslims and Europeans. In this version of Vedic India there was no poverty, discrimination or caste.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Vedic Customs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Place holder for customs, rituals, traditions and beliefs in Vedic Hindu society. This may extend from ancient customs like Vedas, Yajna to many others as ...
- Historical Vedic religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The religion of the Vedic period (also known as Vedism, ancient Hinduism, ..... the Smritis and other treatises describe the rites, ceremonies and customs.
- vedas - Does Vedic Hinduism exist today? - Hinduism Stack Exchange
- Sep 3, 2014 It seems that the rituals, customs, deities, methods of worship etc. in Hinduism today are mainly based on various Puranas and not the Vedas.
- Basic Points About Vedic Culture / Hinduism - Stephen Knapp
- This is designed to give succinct and easy answers to common questions about the Vedic tradition and its customs. It is a continuation and a deeper level to the ...
- Hinduism - rituals, world, body, funeral, life, customs, beliefs, cause
- Two major principles emerged in this period: the concepts of ritual knowledge ( veda ) and of ritual action ( karma ). At the center of these ritual celebrations was ...
Vedic Customs Topics
Related searchesenglish literature age of sensibility
victor vasarely life and work
burns supper the loyal toast
ancient greek geographers