Vedic Literature Dictionary
A selection of articles related to vedic literature dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Literature Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Literature Dictionary.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Vedic Literature Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Literature Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Striking the golden mean
- With over hundred books to his authorship, TVV is an authority on prosody, pre-modern classical texts, aesthetics, languages, literary criticism and more. He served ...
- Rig Veda PDF Download in English, Hindi & Telugu
- Nevertheless, it cannot be gainsaid that the tradition of the Rig Veda is unique for its antiquity, purity and continuity in the history of world literature, and particularly in the history of the literatures of the Indo-germanic family. ...
- Forbidden to think...
- Show deep concern with all good intentions and political commitment to destroy the Classical Library of India, a landmark project to translate traditional Indian literature into English. 2.
- Bhattars defend practice of carrying them in palanquins
- The festival connoted the recognition of 'Divya Prabhandam', also known as 'Dravida Vedam', as equivalent to the Sanskrit Vedas. 'Naalayira Divya Prabhandam' was sung with Thalam during the festival by the Arayar family as ordained by Acharyar ...
- Stress should be on one's knowledge on Vedas: Ramadoss
- Reacting to the Supreme Court verdict on appointment of temple priests, Pattali Makkal Katchi founder, S. Ramadoss said that anyone qualified on Agama rules, irrespective of caste, should be allowed to become priests in temples.
Vedic Literature Dictionary Topics
Related searchesbill gates
ottava rima some examples
dream symbolism crying