A selection of articles related to vedic medicine.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Medicine. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Medicine.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Vedic Medicine is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Medicine books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- How Turmeric Became a Cure-All Product in India
- As the yellow spice pervaded Indian cuisines, it also became prominent in other aspects of life: in domestic rituals, in ayurvedic medicine, and as a form of skincare.
- Sanskrit in IITs: Sisodia vs Irani makes Twitter explode
- We're guessing the AAP leader was trying to comment on the recent wave of patriotism that has seen ministers claiming ancient India was adept in modern medicine and technology. This was all that happened. A statement and a taunt.
- How the Universe Solved the 'Hard Problem'
- In ancient India the Vedic sages declared Aham Brahmasmi, which can be translated as “I am the universe” or “I am everything.” They arrived at this knowledge by diving deep into their own ...
- Cannabis: A Journey Through the Ages
- The ancient Chinese used virtually every part of the Cannabis plant: the root for medicine; the stem for textiles, rope and paper making; the leaves and flowers for intoxication and medicine; and the seeds for food and oil. Cannabis seeds were ...
- The Myth of Secularism: A Primer for Pagans
- It was conceived to be the natural order of things and was used by the Daoists as a paradigm with which to think of all things, including war, politics, strategy, ethics, martial arts, trade, agriculture or medicine.
Vedic Medicine Topics
Related searchesnon-hodgkin lymphoma etiology
atp synthase binding change mechanism
christopher hitchens israel-palestine
lewis l strauss