A selection of articles related to vedic period.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Period. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Period.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Astrological Emphasis: Aquarius, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Aquarius: January, 21st- February, 19th. This article applies to Aquarians during 2001. General Those born under the sign of Aquarius are characterised by their great passion for mystery and prove to have a fighting spirit in...
Astrology >> Aquarius
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
Vedic Period is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Period books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Vedic Age, 1500-500 B.C. We ended the last lecture with the
- cultural and political domination, the Vedic Age, is named after this sacred literature. . The Aryans extended their settlements slowly in the early Vedic age.
- MUSIC OF INDIA SSEAS-N113 Chatterrjee/Reddy POST –VEDIC
- MUSIC OF INDIA. SSEAS-N113. Chatterrjee/Reddy.
Suggested News Resources
- TTD-Endowments launches joint programmes
- Four more book stalls would be opened at Tirumala and we are also planning to publish 77 pocket books on importance of Hindu festivals, spiritual personalities during Vedic Period and give them as Pustaka Prasada to devotees, Subramanyam said.
- 'Cow's Meat is Injurious to Health
- Since the Vedic period cow's body has been accepted as the spirits of various Gods and Goddess. In many Vedic books has mentioned–'Gao Biswasya Matera' or Cow is the mother in the world for human being.
- The man who made history
- In 1965, he published "Indian Feudalism" to unravel the process of class formation, and social implications of the material changes in the Vedic period and in the age of the Buddha on the basis of literary and archaeological sources.
- PAGES FROM HISTORY: IRON TECHNOLOGY IN INDIA
- In the wars that were fought in the Vedic and post-Vedic period, missiles were used which worked with mantras. Agneyastra, Vayavyastra, Brahmastra used in ancient warfare were not iron weapons.
- Let her live
- She traces the history of female infanticide in India back to the Vedic period and quotes explicit sanction of female infanticide in Vedic religion: “Hence reject a female child when born, and taken up a male” (Taittirya Samhita VI.5.10.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vedic period - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Vedic period (or Vedic age) was a period in history during which the Vedas, the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, were composed.
- Vedic Period - Vedic Age, Vedic Period in India, History of Vedic Age
- The Vedic Period in India was quite an influential era. Read the history of Vedic age.
- The Vedic Age (Vedic Period)
- The arrival of the Aryans marked the beginning of the Vedic Period or the Vedic Age. The world witnessed the evolution of the Hindu religion in this period.
- Vedas, Veda Text, Vedic Literature, Vedic Period, Rig Veda
- The Vedic hymns were probably first compiled after a period of about 500 years during which the invaders assimilated various native religious ideas.