A selection of articles related to vedic rites.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Rites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Rites.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus
- The story of king Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus is both horrifying and carries a certain warning. There arrived one day in Thebes a dancing god of great beauty and magnetism. So strong was his pull that all the women in that town...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Vedic Rites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Rites books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Vedic Rites and Sacrifices
- Vedic Rites and Sacrifices. In a broad sense, every religious act by an individual, or a group of devoted people is a sacrifice (yajna).
- M arriage, Vedic Style The Core Vedic rites as translated in the book
- The Core Vedic rites as translated in the book 'The. Vedic Experience: Mantramanjari' by R. Panikkar et.
- Vedic Religion
- Vedic rituals, some of which are humanity's old- est enduring rites, and discusses the nature of important Vedic deities.
- Veda in Nepal
- such Vedic rituals as the Lak ahoma and the Påkaśråddha (1216-1255. AD).
- Iyer Marriages (Rites and Rituals) BY P.R.Ramachander,
- carrying out these rituals. Broadly in the iyer marriage the Vedic rituals are 1. Groom asks for the girl from her father through intermediaries 2.
Suggested News Resources
- Mumbai: 'Satyanarayan Puja' at Ram Mandir Sees Good Attendance
- Anant Bhat performed the Vedic rites and distributed 'prasadam' to all the devotees. Udupi Padmanabha Pai rendered a Bhajan recital at the beginning of the programme.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vedic Rites (Rituals) : kalpa « SatyaVeda: All about the Veda
- Apr 6, 2009 Vedic Rituals have not completely disappeared and yajnas have been srauta sastras describe the method of performing the vedic rites.
- Vedic Rites
- Its liturgy is reflected in the text of the Vedas. The religion centered on a clergy ( the Brahmins) administering sacrificial rites.
- Scientists to study Vedic rites in Kerala village
- Jan 14, 2011 Can ancient mantras induce rains? Do Vedic chants impact the surrounding environment?
- The Hindu : Handbook on Vedic rites
- Aug 13, 2002 Handbook on Vedic rites. RUDRAIKADASINI, AVAHANTI HOMAM, AGNIHOTRAM AND SARPABALI- EESANABALI.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.