A selection of articles related to vedic times.
Original articles from our library related to the Vedic Times. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vedic Times.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Phases of the Moon: 1901 to 1910 - Dates and Times
- Year New Moon First Quarter Full Moon Last Quarter Delta T 1901 Jan 5 00:12 Jan 12 20:39 00h00m Jan 20 14:35 Jan 27 09:51 Feb 3 15:28 Feb 11 18:12 Feb 19 02:44 Feb 25 18:37 Mar 5 08:02 Mar 13 13:06 Mar 20 12:53 Mar 27 04:38 Apr 4 01:19 Apr 12 03:57 Apr 18 21:3...
Astrology >> The Moon
- Phases of the Moon: 2011 to 2020 - Dates and Times
- Year New Moon First Quarter Full Moon Last Quarter Delta T 2011 Jan 4 09:03 P Jan 12 11:32 Jan 19 21:22 Jan 26 12:58 00h01m Feb 3 02:31 Feb 11 07:19 Feb 18 08:36 Feb 24 23:27 Mar 4 20:46 Mar 12 23:45 Mar 19 18:10 Mar 26 12:07 Apr 3 14:32 Apr 11 12:04 Apr 18...
Astrology >> The Moon
- Phases of the Moon: 1991 to 2000 - Dates and Times
- Year New Moon First Quarter Full Moon Last Quarter Delta T 1991 Jan 7 18:36 00h01m Jan 15 23:50 A Jan 23 14:21 Jan 30 06:10 n Feb 6 13:53 Feb 14 17:32 Feb 21 22:58 Feb 28 18:24 Mar 8 10:34 Mar 16 08:12 Mar 23 06:03 Mar 30 07:17 Apr 7 06:47 Apr 14 19:39 Apr 21...
Astrology >> The Moon
Vedic Times is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vedic Times books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE ECONOMIC STRUCTURE OF THE RIGVEDIC AGE. Dr
- in the Rig-Vedic Age. Though the importance of agriculture in the Rig-.
- Time - Vedic calculation
- The Cyclic Time Concept of the Vedas by Raja Vidya das. The Vedic Divisions of Time.
- Vedic Elements in the Ancient Iranian Religion of Zarathushtra
- Mazda faith are the same as the Vedic devas and therefore. Zarathushtra inverted the deva-asura dichotomy of the. Vedic period.
Suggested News Resources
- Relics of religious tolerance
- The Gandhari people were settled since the Vedic times on the banks of the Kabul River down to its confluence with the Indus. The name "Gandhari" is mentioned in the Rig Veda and ancient inscriptions dating back to the Achaemenians of Persia.
- The Ice House became his Illam
- Inside, there is a colourful exhibition of paintings, portraying India from its vedic times. But it is the photo gallery depicting the Swami right from his conquest of the west to his life and times that is a big attention-puller.
- Thousands throng Shiv temples on Nag Panchami eve
- Even before the vedic times, the tradition of snake worshipping has been in practice," said Atul Mishra, an astrologer. People offer milk to snakes on this day. Hindu mythology is full of stories and fables about snakes.
- Eco club promotes herbs for good health
- Since Vedic times, medicinal plants have had their own significance, but nowadays, people trust allopathic medicine, which has many side-effects. We have Sachar plant, that prevents coughing," said Om Prakash, eco club in charge for government schools.
- Visit Holy India with us Pilgrimage Tour Packages
- In Vedic times the word may have concerned only those sacred places associated with water, but by the time of the Mahabharata, tirtha had come to denote any holy place, be it a lake, mountain, forest, or cave.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vedic period - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Vedic period (or Vedic age) was a period in history during which the Vedas, the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, were composed.
- Hindu units of measurement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- a Paramáńu (about 16.
- Vedic Time System - वेद Veda
- The Hindu view of time can be broadly referred to as the Vedic Time System.
- Musician Healers in Vedic Times and Today | Creative Musical Arts
- Apr 11, 2011 The Music of Ayurveda The music branch of the ancient Vedic texts is called Gandharva Veda, the pure knowledge of vibration of wholeness.