Vegetarianism And Religion Jainism
A selection of articles related to vegetarianism and religion jainism.
Original articles from our library related to the Vegetarianism And Religion Jainism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vegetarianism And Religion Jainism.
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Vegetarianism And Religion Jainism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vegetarianism And Religion Jainism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Central Florida Jains find peace in nonviolence, self-discipline
- The primary Jain principles are relatively simple, but the practice of the religion involves intricate customs and disciplined behavior. For instance, Jains are vegetarians who believe that animals and plants, like humans, have souls.
- Flashback: When Nehru Insisted Government Couldn't Back Religious Conference
- The chief sponsor of the All India Religious Conference was Jain “Munni” Sushil Kumarji. The organisation was ... Prior to reaching Delhi, many of the Western delegates attended the 15th World Vegetarian Congress, India, held in Mumbai.
- Incarnations: India in 50 Lives by Sunil Khilnani, review: 'superb'
- On returning to India, middle-aged, in 1915, he swapped his uptight suits for simple white robes in order to exude, in Khilnani's words, “a social neutrality, a degree-zero of caste, religious and regional belonging”.
- The Unique Sacrifices of the Jain Diet
- You might think that a Jain vegetarian diet would be easy, after all, so many people nowadays are turning vegetarian, prompting restaurants and food manufacturers to offer more options without animal products. However, following a Jain diet presents a ...
- Hospital helps Delhi's birds soar higher
- The organization, which was set up by followers of the ancient Jain religion in the 1930s, is run entirely on private donations with people chipping in money, grain, medicines and supplies. And, in ...