A selection of articles related to verb valency.
Original articles from our library related to the Verb Valency. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Verb Valency.
- From Agape to Praxis: The Fourfold Nature of Love
- It is said that one can tell what a culture knows best by counting the number of words their language uses to describe a concept. Eskimos have many words for snow and the classical Greeks had many words for love. I have isolated four Greek words that I feel...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- "We often want one thing and pray for another, not telling the truth even to the gods." Seneca Affirmations are a powerful way to form a newly chosen reality. The verb to affirm is derived from the Latin word affirmare, what means 'making more solid,...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Verb Valency is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Verb Valency books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Looming Gamification of Higher Ed
- That's why we've used "game" as a verb for decades, as in "students who know how to game the grading system". And isn't a lot of adult life about gaming the "system"? Tax loopholes and carefully crafted tax-exempt retirement plans and trusts are about ...
- Bernie Sanders, Verbal Trespassing, and the Accidental Poet
- Trespassing, after all, is not a verb that typically requires a direct object—in English, for example, it's usually enough to say “I'm farting,” not “I'm farting you.
- Does Any Language Have Tritransitive Verbs?
- As in chemistry, grammatical valency is a measure of a kind of asymmetry between a nucleus and potentially several satellite words that are structurally dependent on that nucleus.
- Armageddon for the Anti-Humanists
- I hear this verb used constantly along with others indicating destruction. Works of art are meant to be .... Oh, and it's not an ideological phenomenon; we see different valences of the same fundamental attitude across the political spectrum.
- Are women really better at learning languages?
- Learning a language involves sitting down with your vocab lists, your verb tables, your language method and whatever else you are using and getting on with it. It takes time and effort, and whoever is prepared to put in the investment will succeed.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.