A selection of articles related to vernacular architecture.
Original articles from our library related to the Vernacular Architecture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vernacular Architecture.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
- Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Magick and Science
- Many people wonder how magick works. To the non-believer, they say that there is no proof that spells work. And those abilities such as telekinesis are illusionary or product of imagination. They ask us to use scientific means to explain how exactly these...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Vernacular Architecture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vernacular Architecture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Vernacular Architecture Forum
- structures are only a small part of the city's architecture.
- Vernacular Architecture
- Page 1. Page 2. Page 3.
- Professional and Vernacular Architecture
- Mississippi Historic Preservation Curriculum ● İ2008 Mississippi Heritage Trust ● Professional and Vernacular Architecture ● Page 2.
Suggested News Resources
- The Sunday Conversation: Steven Ehrlich, architect
- Louis Kahn and vernacular architecture in North and West Africa. [Living there in the '70s] taught me about the simple elegance and sustainable wisdom of indigenous architecture.
- Forget the fancy flowerbeds and make villages feel lived in
- Then came the Celtic Tiger, out-of-proportion housing estates, ribbon developments and franchised shops and filling stations – an identikit formula that made little concession to vernacular architecture.
- Trulli, a city of stone
- Alberobello, the city of drystone dwellings known as trulli, is an exceptional example of vernacular architecture. The trulli are made of roughly worked limestone boulders collected from neighbouring fields.
- Haiti Expo Offers Housing Ideas for Quake-Ravaged Country
- While some housing designs don't refer to Haiti's vernacular architecture, others tried to incorporate local styles and elements.
- Vernacular Architecture and the 21st Century
- By Sarah Edwards | August 12, 2011 3:23 PM EDT Vernacular architecture, the simplest form of addressing human needs, is seemingly forgotten in modern architecture.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vernacular Architecture Forum
- Aims to encourage the study and preservation of the ordinary architecture of North America. Publishes a scholarly journal and a newsletter.
- Maney Publishing - Vernacular Architecture
- Vernacular Architecture. Journal of the Vernacular Architecture Group. Volume 42 (2011), 1 issue per year.
- Vernacular Architecture - UEN
- Vernacular architecture refers to structures built of local materials in a functional style devised to meet the needs of common people in their time and place.
Vernacular Architecture Topics
Related searchesdream dictionary eels
dubai metro construction
boeing 707 history
four enneagram basic description
t-72 combat history
west ham united fc club crest