A selection of articles related to vernal equinox.
Original articles from our library related to the Vernal Equinox. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vernal Equinox.
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Vernal Equinox is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vernal Equinox books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Vernal Equinox
- Vernal Equinox. March 20, 2005. March 20, 2005 is a date that we in the Northern Hemisphere recognize as symbolic of changing seasons.
- GLPA Newsletter - Vernal Equinox, 2011
- Vernal Equinox, 2011. On May 5th, we will mark the 50th anniversary of Alan Shepard's history-making flight aboard Freedom 7.
- Abib vs Vernal Equinox
- Astrologers needed to determine spring, sum- mer, and winter equinoxes.
- Calendula Salve Recipes JoAnne Dennee Vernal Equinox 1998
- Vernal Equinox 1998. Dear Kindergarten Colleagues,.
Suggested News Resources
- At Large : Cosmic wobbling and the end of one of those summers
- Before he could decide, his eye fell on this: "Some astronomical coordinates ... are measured from the vernal equinox. It is sometimes called the first point of Aries because it was at the beginning of that constellation some 2000 years ago.
- Get Set for Sydney's Cabramatta Moon Festival
- By Larry Rivera, About.com Guide August 23, 2011 The Cabramatta Moon Festival, celebrated once a year when the moon shines brightest at the vernal equinox, is one of Sydney's largest Asian multicultural festivals.
- Shimi time is party time for Okinawans alive and not
- Well, if you happen to be in Okinawa in April, shortly after the vernal equinox, you'll find thousands of families doing just that in high-spirited family outings at the festival time known as Shimi.
- Valentin Vlasov: About 800 civil servants from Kyrgyzstan to be trained by the
- The bell rings two times a year: on the day of the vernal equinox and on September 21- the International day of the world,” said Valentin Vlasov.
Suggested Web Resources
- Equinox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- When Julius Caesar established his calendar, he fixed the Spring equinox on March 25.
- Vernal (Spring) Equinox — Infoplease.com
- Spring equinox 2010 date, what happens, traditions, and more.
- Vernal Equinox 2011: First-Day-of-Spring Myths, Facts
- Mar 20, 2011 Will day and night really be equally long on Sunday, the 2011 vernal equinox (or spring equinox)?