A selection of articles related to vernal equinox.
Original articles from our library related to the Vernal Equinox. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vernal Equinox.
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Vernal Equinox is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vernal Equinox books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Eclipses and the Equinox: Your astrology self-care guide
- In the next two weeks alone, we've got a solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse, a new moon, a full moon, and, of course, the Vernal Equinox—all of which carry a whole lot of astrological import.
- Today is the first day of spring ... or is it?
- Astronomically speaking, the March (or spring) equinox occurs when the Sun crosses the celestial equator on its way north along the ecliptic.
- When Is The First Day Of Spring 2016? Winter Will Officially Be Over Before
- Of course, spring is on its way no matter what a rodent meteorologist has to say, but sometimes a glimmer of hope is all you need to get pumped up for brighter days ahead. The vernal equinox has historically always been met with celebration — from the ...
- Forecast: Mild temps but plenty of rain
- The coolest day this week will be Friday. With a light NW or N wind, lakeshore temperatures may stay in the 40s, with 50s south of Akron. That being said, it's still early March so warm-ups are more of a sneak peek of the real deal…Spring.
- The heat goes on: Warm winter temperatures break records in Bristol Bay
- February was another record-breaking warm month for the state. Statewide it was the warmest February on record with an average temperature of 17.2 F.
Vernal Equinox Topics
Related searchesquake the engine
delusions of reference
operation allied force goals