A selection of articles related to vernal.
Original articles from our library related to the Vernal. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vernal.
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Vernal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vernal books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Migration to vernal pools about to happen
- Last weekend I attended a talk about vernal pools given by Matthew Burne for the Parker River Clean Water Association down in Byfield, Massachusetts. Vernal pools are seasonal wetlands that burst into life in the spring in a northward moving progression.
- For Love of Nature: Vernal pools promise new life
- Vernal pools are special places. They are ephemeral pools, usually drying up in the summer and refilling in the fall or winter.
- DWR continues stocking new fish species in Vernal reservoir
- VERNAL — The Red Fleet Fishery near Vernal was destroyed after walleye were illegally introduced to the reservoir, and after years of gathering data, the Division of Wildlife Resources has begun rebuilding and restocking the fishery.
- Vernal Pool workshop set at Dawes Arboretum, March 26
- This workshop will be held at Dawes Arboretum in Heath, Saturday, March 26, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.
- Vernal pools are more than just mud holes
- A walk in any deciduous forest in early March is certain to reveal a variety of vernal pools. Every depression, large and small, fills with snow melt and rain.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesk zetnik
moral objectivism aristotle
animal testing columbia university
felix ehrenhaft biography