A selection of articles related to victorian era.
Original articles from our library related to the Victorian Era. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Victorian Era.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- The Earthmind Material
- Part 1 | Part 2 Author's Note All references made in the first person(s) herein, are grammatical conveniences created for the sake of the reader. Such words as "I", "OUR", and "I/WE" are therefore not meant to be taken as literal...
Mind >> World Mind
- Polyamory: Loving Unlimited
- Unconditional loving, loving "without limits and without restrictions" in all areas and in all interactions, is one of the basic aims and guiding principles of the Aluna network of communities for the New- Partnership Era to come. Let's get really...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Victorian Era is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Victorian Era books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Fit for McQueen? London's big three museums exhibit Victorian era values
- Between them, its three venues – the Victoria and Albert Museum, Natural History Museum and Science Museum, connected by a pedestrian underpass from South Kensington tube – house everything from dinosaurs to Alexander McQueen dresses, and mix ...
- Collection of military badges dating back to Victorian era put up for auction
- "It is quite common to come across 20th century military badges but not so much ones from the Victorian era, they can be quite scarce. "It is both the sheer quantity and quality that makes this collection stand out.
- Trendy Victorian-Era Jewelry Was Made From Hair
- Queen Victoria was the monarch of mourning, a celebrity who influenced how grieving women dressed and behaved in Europe and the United States. But for many people in Victorian times, the amount of hair involved in remembering loved ones went far ...
- Re-enactor to talk about undressing in Victorian era at luncheon benefiting
- Women wore massive cages known as crinolines to keep their skirts in shape and tiny corsets to cinch in their waists. Historic re-enactress Kim Poovey will show just how elaborate Victorian dress was for women at the 2016 Ladies Luncheon benefiting My ...
- House of the week: Pour some sugar onto this desirable Victorian-era terrace
- Sometimes, polished and perfect can be dull. Sometimes you're not just looking for a property, but for a project. This is a house brimming with potential.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Victorian Era Topics
dc talk members
arthur waley translations
d20 modern equipment
mountain ranges of virginia