A selection of articles related to victorian era.
Original articles from our library related to the Victorian Era. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Victorian Era.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Earthmind Material
- Part 1 | Part 2 Author's Note All references made in the first person(s) herein, are grammatical conveniences created for the sake of the reader. Such words as "I", "OUR", and "I/WE" are therefore not meant to be taken as literal...
Mind >> World Mind
- Polyamory: Loving Unlimited
- Unconditional loving, loving "without limits and without restrictions" in all areas and in all interactions, is one of the basic aims and guiding principles of the Aluna network of communities for the New- Partnership Era to come. Let's get really...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
Victorian Era is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Victorian Era books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- VICTORIAN ERA CLOTHING IDEAS
- VICTORIAN ERA CLOTHING IDEAS. FOR LADIES. 1.
- Nashville.gov - Historic Commission - Victorian Era Architecture
- middle, and late periods of the Victorian era. Early to In the 1890s, toward the end of the Victorian era, taste Nashville's Victorian era domestic architecture.
- The late 19 th century The Death. The Funeral.
- A Victorian-era writer once rhapsodized about Cedar Hill's landscape: “The mind is impressed by the grandeur of the scene.
- The Victorian Home
- much poorer during the Victorian era, just as there are today. There were many distinct style trends in Victorian architecture.
- Victorian Era Pathfinder
- Victorian Era Pathfinder. A guide to resources in the Katie Murrell Library. Scope: Library resources concerning Victorian history & literature.
Suggested News Resources
- Watch: Victorian-Era Ladies Squirm with Delight in 'Hysteria' Trailer
- The preview makes no qualms about laying out its raucous plot: it's about the invention of the vibrator in Victorian-era England. Dancy and Jonathan Pryce play doctors in London treating cases of hysteria in women.
- Les Cockrell: Program on Victorian-era pastimes set
- A program exploring leisure time in the Victorian era will be offered from 10:30 to 11:45 am Thursday at the Bayless-Selby House Museum in Denton.
- Eric Schmidt, chairman of Google, condemns British education system
- The technology veteran, who joined Google a decade ago to help founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin build the company, said Britain should look to the "glory days" of the Victorian era for reminders of how the two disciplines can work together.
- The urban rethink: Goodbye gardens, hello 'outdoor rooms'
- After he bought a Victorian-era row house on Sullivan Street, he put in a new kitchen and replaced the rear façade with a wall of south-facing glazing. That left him staring at a cramped back garden full of off-kilter patio stones.
Suggested Web Resources
- Victorian era - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Victorian era of the United Kingdom was the period of Queen Victoria's reign from 20 June 1837 until her death on 22 January 1901.
- The Victorian Era
- The Victorian era is generally agreed to stretch through the reign of Queen Victoria (1837-1901).
- Eras of Elegance - The Victorian Era (1837-1901)
- The Victorian era corresponds with the reign of Queen Victoria in England from 1837 to 1901.
- The Victorian Era, Britain under Queen Victoria
- The Victorian Era, pictures from Victorian Britain, including England, Ireland, Scotland, the Isle of Wight and Isle of Man.
Victorian Era Topics
Related searchestom selleck
cockneys cockney culture
jousting two primary types of jousts
driver john axon gc
brief history of hinduism