A selection of articles related to victorian literature.
Original articles from our library related to the Victorian Literature. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Victorian Literature.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Burn Box – Demon Rost: The supression of free speech and religion
- Those were the words on a sign that was hung from the coat rack in the vestibule of the 45-member Harvest Assembly of God Church on Brownsdale Road in Penn Township, Pennsylvania. 40 members of the church, led by Rev. George Bender, held a book and video...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
Victorian Literature is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Victorian Literature books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Hugh McIlvanney will be named a bully, braggart and bore - but he had a rare gift
- Away from boxing, which was always his strong suit, McIlvanney appeared to worship at the feet of Edward Bulwer-Lytton, the flatulent Victorian who gave us “a dark and stormy night”.
- 19th-century literature constrains our concepts of love, scholars say
- Elissa Gurman, a University of Toronto PhD student who studies tropes of women falling in love in 19th-century Victorian novels, has noticed that again and again a heroine is transformed from a feisty independent thinker to someone who's gone mad with ...
- Safe Schools: Turnbull in crossfire over sex agenda
- The Safe Schools program builds on a Victorian model pioneered by the Foundation for Young Australians and Gay and Lesbian Health, and derived from research done at La Trobe University.
- The Kindness by Polly Samson; Nelly Dean by Alison Case; My Life In Houses by
- Samson's second novel may be set in a dreamy rural backwater, but readers should watch out for snakes in the grass.
- 'Anne Dark' Launches On Kickstarter To Bring A Sci-Fi/Horror Female Superhero
- She is inspired by fantasy literature, including the gothic Victorian atmospheres of Edgar Allan Poe, and the dark horror of H.P. Lovecraft.
Victorian Literature Topics
Related searcheswestern visayas
coxs bazar district history
dream interpretation sadness