A selection of articles related to victorian literature.
Original articles from our library related to the Victorian Literature. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Victorian Literature.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Burn Box – Demon Rost: The supression of free speech and religion
- Those were the words on a sign that was hung from the coat rack in the vestibule of the 45-member Harvest Assembly of God Church on Brownsdale Road in Penn Township, Pennsylvania. 40 members of the church, led by Rev. George Bender, held a book and video...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
Victorian Literature is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Victorian Literature books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1 Reading List Victorian Literature (1832-1900) Instructions This
- Victorian Literature (1832-1900). Instructions. This PhD exam reading list has three parts: I.
- Ph. D. Reading List Victorian Literature
- Victorian Literature.
- The Femme Fatale in Victorian Literature
- Literature / Women's Studies / Society. Library of Congress Cataloging-in- Publication Data. Hedgecock, Jennifer.
- Dr Perry Victorian Literature Reading List. The best anthology of
- Dr Perry. Victorian Literature Reading List. The best anthology of poetry is Christopher Ricks's The New Oxford Book of Victorian Verse.
Suggested News Resources
- Jane Austen and the undead
- The need for reinvention has triumphed as writers add gory twists to timeless tales, as modern-day fantasies are woven into Victorian literature.
- Fun At St.Fanny's
- She is known for her publications on Victorian literature and culture and her writing on Shakespeare on stage, TV and Film.
- Would Alan Moore's '1969' work without Wikipedia?
- Initially, Moore envisioned a superhero team drawn from characters of Victorian literature, including Dracula's Mina Harker and fictional game hunter Alan Quartermain.
- Clarity in the courts: Justices go to writing school
- To help them find their voice, they turned to Shakespearean scholars and Victorian literature experts.
Suggested Web Resources
- Victorian literature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Victorian literature is the literature produced during the reign of Queen Victoria ( 1837–1901) (the Victorian era).
- Victorian Literature - Information, Facts, and Links
- Victorian literature was produced during the reign of Queen Victoria (1837-1901).
- English literature: The Victorian Age — Infoplease.com
- The New Zealand Minstrelsy (1852): William Golder and the Beginnings of a national literature in New Zealand.
- Victorian literature and culture
- Victorian literature and culture. Sites for online research. Amanda Dinscore.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Victorian Literature Topics
meaning of dreams about drugs
revenge of the cybermen synopsis