A selection of articles related to victorian style.
Original articles from our library related to the Victorian Style. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Victorian Style.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
Victorian Style is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Victorian Style books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Features of Victorian Style Architecture reference sheet
- Features of Victorian Style Architecture reference sheet.
- This Queen Anne Victorian style Dan & Bobbie Straub Innkeepers
- This Queen Anne Victorian style house at Holly Crossing was built in.
- Victorian Style
- Victorian Style. 125 x 32mm. 140 x 42mm.
- The Victorian Home
- several phases of Victorian style. The rooms that are detailed in this curriculum are from a rather grand lifestyle, at least from an upper-middle class home.
Suggested News Resources
- 79 Pearl Street
- The mansard roof, a Victorian-style popular in the United States from the 1860s through the 1880s, is a four-sided roof with a double slope on all sides. The lower slope, much steeper than the upper, was often used as a way of creating a larger attic.
- Sale, renovation plans for old Victorian home thrill Daytona historians
- After Blodgett's death in 1908, the Queen Anne Victorian-style house was moved across the street to its current location at 404 S. Ridgewood Ave. 1920: The house was sold to Julian Arroyo, a wealthy political refugee from Venezuela.
- Finding home away from home goes with territory for traveling stage actors
- On a recent morning she climbed the stairs to the second floor to show off the guest room she calls her princess room in the Victorian-style country house the Blauvelts built 21 years ago. "As you can see, they really make me feel at home," Potts said.
- Steampunk Chicago Courts Pleasant Home
- There were no time machines present to blast back to the past, but you woudn't know it from a quick look at the throwback costumes: Monocles made the man (and woman), while vests, colorful suit jackets and Victorian-style dresses were all fair game.
Suggested Web Resources
- Victorian architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Some historians classify the later years of Gothic Revival as a destinctive Victorian style named High Victorian Gothic.
- Victorian Era | Victorian Style | Victoriana
- Experience the 19th century online. A greatly illustrated site about the Victorian era- fashion, holidays, home décor, crafts, weddings, history.
- Amazon.com: Victorian Style (9781857329551): Judith Miller, Martin
- Amazon.com: Victorian Style (9781857329551): Judith Miller, Martin Miller, James Merrell: Books.
- Victorian Architecture
- What, exactly, is a Victorian? Many people use the term to describe an architectural style. However, Victorian is not really a style but a period in history.
Victorian Style Topics
Related searchesmountain unicycling
catullus 3 sources
battle royale notes on violence
british rail class 121 silverlink