- Baby Shower And/Or Seemantham: Bundle of Hope and Joy
- I have joyous memories of both my children's vidyarambha, where they were initially guided to write the Hindu sacred syllable Aum (also Om) and other alphabet: one was celebrated with grandparents and extended family in India, our spiritual motherland, ...
- Despite India's warning, Nepal adopts constitution; first statute in South
- India believes that the Nepali political leaders didn't exercise the flexibility to bring on board all regions and sections of society.
- 16 Hindu rituals that celebrate human life with grandeur
- Vidyarambha/Beginning of education - When the child is about five years old, she is introduced to the letters of the alphabet. This might also include prayers to goddess Saraswati and lord Ganesha. 12.
- Stage set for Maha Navaratri at Mookambika temple
- A major highlight of the Vijay Dashami festival on October 22 will be the 'Vidyarambha' ceremony. It will begin at the Saraswati Mandira on the temple premises at 4 a.m.
- Rites of Passage: A Hindu American Experience
- My daughter's vidyarambha, or aksharabhyasa done in India, with both sets of grandparents and extended family, contrasted with my son's, done in America, with just the grandparents who were visiting For both, a hand was guided to write with chalk on a ...
Vidyarambha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vidyarambha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
gimli middle-earth in the book
asphyxia use in suicide and execution
bonnet headgear women
galley the first galleys