A selection of articles related to vigilante literature.
Original articles from our library related to the Vigilante Literature. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vigilante Literature.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Vigilante Literature is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vigilante Literature books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Police vigilantes
- Police Vigilantism in the Literature.
- Literature Feature - Dexter.pub
- vigilante. Dexter. Having gone through a traumatic event as a young child,.
Suggested News Resources
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: America's Dark Obsession With Vigilante Justice
- The events in Ferguson and elsewhere across the U.S. have launched a heated national dialogue that questions our faith in the benevolence of government institutions — especially police, judiciary, and politicians.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vigilante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In the Western literary and cultural tradition, characteristics of vigilantism have often been noted in folkloric heroes and legendary outlaws (e.g., Robin Hood).
- Dimsdale's Vigilantes -- Cover Page
- Aim: We want to provide in one location, on the web, as much of the Montana Vigilante literature as we possibly can.
- On Cheering Charles Bronson: The Ethics of Vigilantism | Southern
- Vigilantes are a staple of popular culture, from Charles Bronson's 1974 classic of that literature is not pertinent to a more focused discussion of vigilantism.