Villa Of The Papyri
A selection of articles related to villa of the papyri.
Original articles from our library related to the Villa Of The Papyri. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Villa Of The Papyri.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Villa Of The Papyri is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Villa Of The Papyri books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Herculaneum: showcases 1st century Roman life
- Another noteworthy feature are the blackened scrolls that were found in the Villa of the Papyri. The eruption's excessive heat carbonized almost everything it touched.
- 'Dramatic' plaster casts installed in atrium in Klarman Hall
- Also scheduled to be installed are a group of casts copied from bronzes from the Villa of the Papyri in Herculaneum, painted to look like the originals, as well as a series of friezes.
- The Charred Scrolls of Herculaneum
- Villa of the Papyri, Herculaneum, ItalyHerculaneum's Villa of the Papyri was one of the most luxurious Roman properties to have been buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79.
- Ancient Scrolls Blackened by Vesuvius Are Readable at Last
- Further digs showed that the scrolls were part of an extensive library, earning the structure the name Villa of the Papyri. Blackened and warped by the volcanic event, the roughly 1,800 scrolls found so far have been a challenge to read. Some could be ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.