A selection of articles related to vinaya pitaka.
Original articles from our library related to the Vinaya Pitaka. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vinaya Pitaka.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Vinaya Pitaka is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vinaya Pitaka books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The miracle of Sankassa – fact or fable?
- But strangely, nowhere in the Abhadhamma Pitaka do we read the words: "Thus have I heard. Once when the Lord was staying at Sankassa, having descended from the Tavatisma Heaven…etc." One would think that given the Abhidhamma's importance it ...
- Vrienden Boeddhisme – aandacht voor vrijwillige levensbeeindiging
- Deze verzameling maakt deel uit van de Pali-Canon en vormt samen met de Vinaya-Pitaka (de `mand` van de orderegels) en de Abhidhamma-Pitaka (de `mand` met scholastieke teksten) het corpus van gewijde geschriften van de Theravada.
- There's a misogynist aspect of Buddhism that nobody talks about
- There was no Vinaya Pitaka. But as many people joined the monastery (vihara), they started behaving in certain ways that were deemed unworthy of monks and seekers of Buddha-hood. People also started making fun of the Buddhist way.
- Faith and Toilets
- A Buddhist text, the Vinaya Pitaka, instructs monks to defecate in the toilet not in order of seniority but in order of arrival, and to cough loudly on arrival at the latrine in case it is already occupied. No grunting allowed, either.
Related searchesrowan university history
matamoros tamaulipas history
peter arnett vietnam
classical guitar modern performers
e bukura e dheut