- Tim Parks on meditation's pros and cons: 'This is more than medicine'
- Consciousness (vinnana) is distinguished from the goal. Canonically, the point of what the Buddha recommended is not to produce a particular mental state (although it is possible that parts of the practice consistently do, of course).
- 10 Steps to being a “Good” Convert Buddhist
- Another example is that vinnana ( a key to mindfulness is translated in English as consciousness which brings with it a lot of pop-psycho babble andn translation it is not just that simple.
- Uprooting the poisonous tree of the coup d'etat
- This finds its answer in the emergence of a new construct (sankhara) - for example, the previous coup's Council for National Security - with its own consciousness (vinnana) to grant itself amnesty.
Vinnana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vinnana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.