Viola Spolin Spolins Games
A selection of articles related to viola spolin spolins games.
Original articles from our library related to the Viola Spolin Spolins Games. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Viola Spolin Spolins Games.
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Character of Magick
- I have a friend, her husband is morbidly obese through indulgent overeating. Whole roasts at night! She feels betrayed. My husband is unconscious in the hospital bed, as I sit here I feel incredibly alone and abandoned. I miss him, yet he is right there. A...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Viola Spolin Spolins Games is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Viola Spolin Spolins Games books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Life, love and hooking up with The Second City comedy.
- Culled from the groundbreaking work of Viola Spolin, and founded by Spolin's son, Paul Sills, (along with Howard Alk and Bernie Sahlins), The Second City opened its doors in Chicago in 1959. No one could have imagined the ...
- Comedy troupe takes on relationships
- With its roots in the improvisational games of Viola Spolin, The Second City developed a unique way of creating and performing comedy. Founded by Spolin's son, Paul Sills, along with Howard Alk and Bernie Sahlins, The Second City was experimental and ...
- The Myth of Screen Acting
- One basic exercise to explore this is Viola Spolin's “Two Scenes” game. You can play this with a camera. The gist of the game is this: Two two-person scenes are on the sound stage simultaneously.
- Getting in Touch With Your Senses
- You can further expand your sensory life by playing Viola Spolin's “Conversation With Involvement” game. The rules to the game are simple: agree on a topic of discussion and eat and drink a large meal made of space objects while keeping up a continuous ...
- 1 Exercise to Assist the Scene
- To practice the “assist,” try playing Viola Spolin's camera game and put your full focus and energy on your scene partner. Think of yourself as one large eye from head to toe.