Vipassana In The Mahayana
A selection of articles related to vipassana in the mahayana.
Original articles from our library related to the Vipassana In The Mahayana. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vipassana In The Mahayana.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Vipassana In The Mahayana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vipassana In The Mahayana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mindfulness-Growing Pains
- Regardless of the particular tradition of Theravada, Mahayana or Vajrayana Buddhism that you practice, there might have much to criticize or be disappointed about or even have ideas as to what and how mindfulness should be taught and practiced. ...
- Zen en de zin van de dharmabeoefening (2) en slot
- Zen kent heel wat niveaus van verlichting, vergelijkbaar met de zeven “af te werpen ketenen” en bijbehorende verlichtingsniveau 's van de theravada en de bodhisattva-bhumis van het klassieke mahayana.
- Who Knows?
- Would you say that the popular adaptation of mindfulness practice differs significantly from traditional vipassana [insight meditation] practice? This is a multilayered question.
- North Mountain Brings Zen Buddhism, Meditation To North Beach
- “We have one member that practices in the Theravadan Buddhist tradition and it doesn't seem to be a problem with anyone, even though they practice Vipassana (also referred to as insight meditation),” he said.
- Roshi Bernie Glassman suffers a stroke
- Roshi Tetsugen Bernie Glassman is in stable condition after suffering a stroke earlier in the week, according to an update from the Zen Peacemaker Order. After 36 hours in intensive care, Glassman is in a regular hospital room.