A selection of articles related to virgin birth.
Original articles from our library related to the Virgin Birth. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Virgin Birth.
- The Mysteries of the Rosary Beads
- Traditionally there are 15 Mysteries of the Rosary based on the Roman Catholic customs set by Pope St. Pius V in the 16th century.
Magick >> Rituals
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Virgin Birth is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Virgin Birth books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Virgin Birth - Notes for Theology Students
- always kind of “assumed” the Virgin Birth into my belief system out of apathy.
- Lone Parents: Parthenogenesis in Sharks
- Could this pup be the world's first documented virgin shark birth?
- God's Reason for the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ
- God's Reason for the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ.
- The Virgin Birth An Inquiry into the Biblical Doctrine
- It is common to speak of the “virgin birth,” but obviously, the real miracle was the fact that Mary became pregnant without sexual intercourse.
- The Virgin Birth of Christ
- Review—particularly “The Virgin Birth in the Second Century,” “The Hymns of the First virgin birth is an integral part of the Palestinian narrative underlying Lk.
Suggested News Resources
- The New Atheism
- Dawkins asks the archbishop of Canterbury if he really believes in miracles such as the virgin birth and the resurrection, happenings in which the laws of physics and biology are suspended. Well, not literally, says Williams.
- Restoration as science: case of the collared lizard
- Early in his career he studied parthenogenesis, or virgin birth, in fruit fly populations at a dump and in cactus patches in Hawaii. "Drosophilia have fast generation times," he says, "but I studied them for 12 years.
- Sinners and winners: who believes in hell?
- Bell, however, believes in the divinity, virgin birth, miracles and resurrection of Christ. What shall we make of his proposal? (1) Bell has apparently been troubled that eternal torment is incompatible with God's love.
- Some Random Thoughts
- The virgin birth of Jesus is a tenet of Christianity which holds that Mary miraculously conceived Jesus while remaining a virgin. Islam also teaches that Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus.
- The Galileo Affair: Emblematic or Exceptional?
- Bruno refused to recant his disbelief in the Trinity, Virgin Birth, divinity of Christ and other rather non-negotiable items (especially for a clergyman).
Suggested Web Resources
- Virgin birth of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The virgin birth of Jesus is a tenet of Christianity and Islam which holds that Mary miraculously conceived Jesus while remaining a virgin.
- The virgin birth of Jesus: Fact or fable?
- Nov 27, 2010 "Although the virgin birth cannot be understood as a historical-biological event, it can be regarded as a meaningful symbol at least for that time.
- The Science of Virgin Birth | Discoblog | Discover Magazine
- Jan 9, 2009 Sex & Mating | | Virgin birth may sound like the stuff of myths and miracles, but now it's the stuff of science, too.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Virgin Birth of Christ
- The dogma which teaches that the Blessed Mother of Jesus Christ was a virgin before, during, and after the conception and birth of her Divine Son.