A selection of articles related to virtue.
Original articles from our library related to the Virtue. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Virtue.
- The next Sephirah is Tiphareth. It is represented by the Sixes, Wands:Victory, Cups:Joy, Swords:Earned Success, Pentacles:Material Success. The sixth path is called the Mediating Intelligence and serves to equilibriate the lower six Sephiroth leading down...
Magick >> Qabalah
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- The Living Tradition of Thelema
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. What Crowley began, others must continue and develop or Thelema will become but a memory in the history of the Western Mystery Tradition. Yes, he was a Prophet and the Ipsissimus that one could say invented...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 7
- MAKING FRIENDS WITH NATURE AND NATURAL LAW The fall of human society has not occurred overnight. It has taken many centuries, many millennia in fact, for the Divine potentials and inherent genius of the human being to degrade into the modern...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God,...
New Testament >> II Peter
- Raising the World Mind (GM10-11)
- Part 1 | Part 2 Part 1 The wise live in accord with natural laws. It is they who understand that the laws of nature are much higher than the laws of man, because breaking them implies penalties far greater than a fine or prison sentence. When a person...
Mind >> World Mind
Virtue is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Virtue books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A. What is Virtue Ethics? 1. Can be described as another part of ...
- feature of the act on its own, but of the person doing it. E.g.
- The Nature of True Virtue - Early Modern Texts
- The Nature of Virtue. Jonathan Edwards. Contents.
- Bourgeois Virtue - Deirdre McCloskey
- Bourgeois Virtue. Deirdre. McCLOSKEY.
- The Bourgeois Virtues - Deirdre McCloskey
- “Virtue ethics” says that acting well is not a matter of finding the most general ethical rule but of finding stories for a good character. Can a bourgeois person be ...
- Justice as a virtue: An analysis of Aristotle's virtue of justice - JStor
- justice is also an individual ethical virtue, differing from others for it is at the ... Keywords ethics, Aristotle, the virtue of justice, non-individual and individual virtues ...
Suggested News Resources
- The value of virtue: Knowing when to step up
- Instead, I wrote the young man a note explaining the etymology of the word virtue. (Word people can be so dry.) His actions had modeled virtue.
- Which Leads to Greater Political Power: Virtue or Vice?
- Frank Underwood, the treacherous main character of the Netflix series House of Cards, uses a combination of deceit, manipulation, and even violence to transform himself from a U.S. senator to contender for the White House.
- Welcome to Luvvie Island: a haven for virtue-signalling celebrities
- There's always the chance that not knowing if their new lodger was a dashing Syrian astrophysicist after all, but a murderous henchman for the Islamic State, may have quashed their vertiginous virtue signalling.
- Tyler Glasnow and the Elusive Virtue of Patience
- Coming off a 98-win campaign and third consecutive playoff appearance in 2015, the Pittsburgh Pirates had an underwhelming offseason, particularly in the pitching department. The loss of key starters A.J.
- Exercising virtue makes a person fully human
- By exercising virtue, he had proven himself a man.
Suggested Web Resources
- Virtue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Virtue is moral excellence. A virtue is a trait or quality deemed to be morally good and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Personal ...
- Virtue | Define Virtue at Dictionary.com
- Virtue definition, moral excellence; goodness; righteousness. See more.
- Virtue | Definition of Virtue by Merriam-Webster
- morally good behavior or character. : a good and moral quality. : the good result that comes from something.
- virtue - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
- The word virtue comes from the Latin root vir, for man. At first virtue meant manliness or valor, but over time it settled into the sense of moral excellence. Virtue ...
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Virtue - New Advent
- Definitions. According to its etymology the word virtue (Latin virtus) signifies manliness or courage. "Appelata est enim a viro virtus: viri autem propria maxime est ...
Related searchesparacetamol history
christianity worship and practices
british empire the elizabethan era
documentary film the 60s and 70s