A selection of articles related to virtues.
Original articles from our library related to the Virtues. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Virtues.
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
- Lauràelle, the Ceremony & the Sword: An OBE Experience
- I have profoundly hesitated over the telling of this tale for many years. I have a lifetime of experiences like this to share, but some (like this one) may seem way over the top to some people, no matter how its written. This is simply because they lack any...
Astral Projection >> Out of Body Experiences
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- I. Consort of Jupiter and queen of Heaven. Similar in most respects to the Hellenic Hera, Juno was considered the Protectress of Women ans Patroness of the Matronly virtues.As with Her Greek counterpart, she suffers from jealous rages at her Consort's...
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Virtues is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Virtues books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Young: Highland Park and the virtues of doing nothing
- Her love of this Midwestern staple, where players attempt to throw a bean bag into a hole at the end of a raised board, could not be held back at the March 9 Committee of the Whole meeting.
- Religious Virtues and Gods
- Constructs like the Asatru Nine Noble Virtues and ADF's Nine Virtues have always seemed rather arbitrary to me. There's a quality to them that makes me wonder if those that created them wanted to say, “See, we're a real religion too! We have morals (™)!
- Voters take note: Virtues, not vices, lead to more effective political leadership
- The researchers who produced the paper, “Virtues, Vices and Political Influence in the U.S. Senate,” include Leanne ten Brinke, a forensic psychologist and Banting Postdoctoral Fellow at the Haas School and UC Berkeley's psychology department; Sameer ...
- Saints, virtues inspire Little Flowers Girls Club
- The Little Flowers Girls Club from St. Andrew Church in Ratcliff went to Subiaco Abbey's infirmary, visiting with Sister Judith Weaver (back left), a diocesan hermit, Brother Andrew Suarez (back, standing) and the late Brother Eric Loran (seated, center).
- Virtues Cooking: A Mother Discovers Gratitude in "Circus Tent" Apple Pie
- THE BLOG. Virtues Cooking: A Mother Discovers Gratitude in "Circus Tent" Apple Pie. 03/07/2016 06:32 pm ET | Updated 3 days ago.