A selection of articles related to vishnu iconography.
Original articles from our library related to the Vishnu Iconography. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vishnu Iconography.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Nun was the god who personified the primeval waters, the chaos which existed before there was shape and form, the dark liquid mass out of which there appeared the creator-god. Nun is regarded as having no surface, stretching into infinity. Not subject to...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Ace of Swords: Seizing the Power of Discernment
- "For the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 KJV I have...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Vishnu Iconography is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vishnu Iconography books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Iconography of Hindu Temple : Idea and Image
- of twenty four forms of Vishnu in the outer wall on both sides of each parsva devata shrines.
- Vishnu Flanked by His Personified Attributes Central India; 10th
- an understanding of basic iconography allows us to identify them.
- 5. Hinduism
- Unit 5 Information Sheet 2 Continued – Vishnu Iconography. Ananta means endless or infinite and stands for cosmic time, which is infinite.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu Gods Iconography « Triangulations
- Jan 18, 2010 Hindu Gods Iconography. Trimurti: Brahmā, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Mahabharata Series (cont.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Vishnu Iconography Topics
Related searcheszone of the enders characters
wolfs rain story overview
aldabra giant tortoise life span