A selection of articles related to vishnu purana.
Original articles from our library related to the Vishnu Purana. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vishnu Purana.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Jasmine: Correspondences
- Jasminum officinale or J. odoratissimum Folk Names: Jessamin, Moonlight on the Grove Gender: Feminine Planet: Moon Element: Water Deity: Vishnu Power: Money, Love, Prophetic Dreams...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary J
- Bodhi: Correspondences
- Ficus religiosa Folk Names: Bo-Tree, Peepul Tree, Pipul, Sacred Tree Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Air Deity: Bhudda, Vishnu Power: Fertility, Protection, Wisdom, Meditation...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Vishnu Purana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vishnu Purana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Kindred spirit in art
- Both painted narratives are based on the epics and puranas and taken to remote corners of the region. Both celebrate Nature in their delicate depiction of animals, birds, flowers, and trees, all in natural colours. ...
- The origin of our epics
- In Vishnu Puran, there is a story of the appearance of Narasimha Avatar (a half man and half beast incarnation) to destroy Hiranya Kasipu, the demon. Demeter at Philigalia was also horse-headed with serpents in her hair.
- Guess what? Durga and Mahishasur actually share the same origin
- The Vedic tradition has no goddess similar to Durga, the warrior goddess.
- Karan Singh Grover Is Reading Bhagavad Gita To Play Lord Vishnu For His
- A source close to the actor reveals that to prepare for his role, Karan has been reading the Vishnu Puran, which is a collection of stories about Lord Vishnu and his 10 incarnations.
Vishnu Purana Topics
Related searchesgateway of india history
sunderland coat of arms
guardians of watchtowers
marxs theory of alienation
leader of the opposition ontario