- FREE BOOK : The Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification
- The Visuddhimagga is the 'great treatise' of Theravada Buddhism, an encyclopedic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation written in the fifth century by the great Buddhist commentator, Buddhaghosa. The author's intention in composing this book is to ...
- Healing the Wounds of War between Bangladesh and Pakistan
- As the famous 5th century Theravadic Buddhist commentator Buddhaghosa in his famed text Visuddhimagga noted: ““Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of harming another; you end up getting burned.” The politics of hatred is ...
- Experts on ancient religions may make it to ICHR panel
- He has authored Panna in Early Buddhism: A Philosophical Analysis with Special Reference to the Visuddhimagga. Sugam Anand, Head of the Department of History and Culture in Agra's Dr B R Ambedkar University, has worked in the areas of medieval and ...
- Jarni Blakkarly ABC Religion and Ethics 5 Nov 2014
- Rather than think about faith as "conscious assent" when referring to Buddhism, it is more closely related to notion of trust - the kind of trust that any listener must have to listen to a teaching. Credit: shutterstock ...
Visuddhimagga is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Visuddhimagga books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesconstitution of india
inner product space definitions