A selection of articles related to vitruvian man.
Original articles from our library related to the Vitruvian Man. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vitruvian Man.
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him. 7:2 Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand. 7:3 His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 Thou shalt not see thy brother's ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt in any case bring them again unto thy brother. 22:2 And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: I Corinthians, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ;...
New Testament >> I Corinthians
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
Vitruvian Man is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vitruvian Man books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Vitruvian Man
- Vitruvian Man. The picture at the left shows Vitruvian Man. He was drawn by a Roman engineer called Vitruvius in the first century.
- Leonardo's Vitruvian Man: Disegno Meets Theology
- Leonardo's Vitruvian Man: Disegno Meets Theology. Charles Vitruvian Man drawing (Fig. 1) (ca.
- The Vitruvian theory—does it apply to you?
- In 1492 he drew the picture of a man standing inside a circle and a square. This is known as the. 'Vitruvian Man.
Suggested News Resources
- Education by design
- proclaimed one student excitedly, pointing to a 20-by-20-foot mural of Michelangelo's Vitruvian man that stretches to the second story. The drawing exemplifies the blend of art and science during the Renaissance.
- Get to know a real Renaissance man
- For $7.50, it will use green-screen technology to insert a photo of your face into the Vitruvian Man or the Mona Lisa, or make you a guest apostle at The Last Supper. Am I the only person who finds this unspeakably tacky?
- Ric Anderson: Readers respond
- Can you imagine a man without as fine a signature as Leonardo da Vinci having been able to draw freehand the Vitruvian Man? And nobody will be writing out any new constitutions any time soon, but can you imagine ours being any other way?
- Crass lyrics don't diminish artistic value
- When Da Vinci sketched the Vitruvian Man, did people scoff at it and say, “I can't believe he sketched the penis, too…”? When musicians record albums, or when any artist creates, they are creating in their own voice.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vitruvian Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Vitruvian Man is a world-renowned drawing created by Leonardo da Vinci circa 1487.
- The Vitruvian Man
- Having had access to Alberti's and Vitruvius' treatises, it is no surprise that Leonardo produced his own version of the Vitruvian man in his notebooks.
- Vitruvian Man
- Article by Robert M.
- Vitruvian Man - Alternative view on art, architecture and religion
- Leonardo da Vinci's drawing of the famous Vitruvian Man in his sketchbook.
Vitruvian Man Topics
Related searchestraditional animation techniques
abu simbel relocation
intravenous therapy fluid overload
juvenile delinquency travis hirschi
economic shortage examples
secret of mana subsequent plot