A selection of articles related to vitruvian man.
Original articles from our library related to the Vitruvian Man. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vitruvian Man.
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him. 7:2 Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand. 7:3 His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 Thou shalt not see thy brother's ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt in any case bring them again unto thy brother. 22:2 And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: I Corinthians, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ;...
New Testament >> I Corinthians
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
Vitruvian Man is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vitruvian Man books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Are there really only seven different types of beauty?
- His famous Vitruvian Man is actually an illustration of the Greek canon of human proportions, as it was handed down to the Renaissance by the Roman author Vitruvius. The most troubling hymn to beauty in Renaissance art is a painting by Andrea Mantegna ...
- Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man comes to life as eight-limbed action figure
- As one of the world's most famous illustrations, Leonardo Da Vinci's “Vitruvian Man”, completed in 1490, drew inspiration from the studies of Roman architect Vitruvius (c.80-70BC), who explored the connection between geometry and ideal human proportions.
- Shakespeare 400th anniversary: Discovering a timeless journey for the age of
- “This world to me is as a lasting storm/Whirring me from my friends,” declares Marina, the young daughter of the protagonist in Pericles.
- New Met Logo Typifies the Eternal Struggle of Rebranding
- For 45 years, the Metropolitan Museum of Art was represented by the iconic "M" logo, where the design of interlocking circles and lines centered around the letter "M" evoked Leonardo da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man.
Vitruvian Man Topics
Related searchessulba sutras
list of most common surnames korea
j gordon whitehead
plan de casa mata
maxwell anderson plays and musicals