A selection of articles related to vodun.
Original articles from our library related to the Vodun. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vodun.
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Vodun is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vodun books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Notes on Vodun Imagery in Southern Benin : Observing an African
- of this short text on the religious modernity of vodun cults in present-day southern Benin.
- Voodoo: Vodun is sometimes called Voodoo, Vodoun, or Vodou
- 2. Table of Contents. About August Wilson by Sarah Powers courtesy of McCarter Theatre…………………………3.
- The antislavery unconscious: Mesmerism, vodun, and "equality"
- The antislavery unconscious: Mesmerism, vodun, and "equality". Russ Castronovo. The Mississippi Quarterly; Winter 1999/2000; 53, 1; Humanities Module pg.
Suggested News Resources
- Messengers of the Invisible
- I went to Paris to view "Vodun: African Voodoo," a path-breaking exhibition at the Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art where over one hundred pieces of African Vodun sculpture were brought together under one roof for the first time.
- Mt. Airy Yoruba priestess helps kids breathe easier
- In 1998, Gro Mambo Angela Novanyan Idizol, high priestess of Vodun, founded the National African Religion Congress. “I attended the celebration in honor of religions like Yoruba, Akan, Vodun and Santeria,” Nikki said.
- GarveyFest Celebration returns Aug. 19-20
- 20 Garvey- Fest kicks off with a parade at 1 pm followed by cultural performances by Nefertari Dancers and Drummers, Vodun/ Hip Hop Aerobics, King Kamonzi, Viva Fidel, Young Sisters of YLA, Fiery Phoenix, Eric Disembwa and more.
- Pařížská výstava o voodooo: děsivá krása i magická síla němých svědků
- Expozice Vodun: Africké voo -doo je přístupná do 25. září a většina ze stovky předmětů pochází ze soukromé sbírky Jacquesa Kerchache, velkého znalce afrického umění.
Suggested Web Resources
- West African Vodun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Vodun or Vudun (spirit in the Fon and Ewe languages, pronounced [vodṹ] with a nasal high-tone u; also spelled Vodon, Vodoun, Voudou, Voodoo etc.
- VODUN (and related religions: Candomble, Lucumi, Macumba
- Feb 7, 2010 Historical and practical information on Vodoun, its panteon, and its rituals, from religioustolerance.org.
- TRADITIONAL RELIGION IN AFRICA: The Vodun phenomenon in
- Academic essay on Vodun practices of the Fon, Gun, Mina and Ewe peoples of South Benin, by Barthélemy Zinzindohoue.
- Vodun | Define Vodun at Dictionary.com
- Vodun definition, voodoo See more. vodun. - 1 dictionary result.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesliver anatomy
bacon and eggs
german invasion of the soviet union
typhoon ike impact
sonata arctica singles
pacific white-sided dolphin
paleocene paleocene climate