A selection of articles related to vows.
Original articles from our library related to the Vows. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vows.
- Self Dedication - a Ritual for You
- Self Dedication Explained Initiation is a process of "death and rebirth" - the old self dies, and the new and magickal self is born. A rite of self-dedication marks a serious commitment and dedication to the path, and should not be taken lightly....
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 30
- Chapter 30 30:1 And Moses spake unto the heads of the tribes concerning the children of Israel, saying, This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded. 30:2 If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the LORD God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth. 12:2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Lauràelle, the Ceremony & the Sword: An OBE Experience
- I have profoundly hesitated over the telling of this tale for many years. I have a lifetime of experiences like this to share, but some (like this one) may seem way over the top to some people, no matter how its written. This is simply because they lack any...
Astral Projection >> Out of Body Experiences
- Beltane was a day representing many things to the Celtic people. It was the second of the four fire festivals. To most it celebrated the sun God, Baal(British)/ Bel(Irish)/ Beli(Welsh)/ Belanos(Pan-Celtic), although the sun appears to have been originally...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
Vows is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vows books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Broken Vows: Tony Blair, The Tragedy of Power by Tom Bower review – why is he
- To get a better understanding of his mind, and our responses to him, it is surely time to turn to the psychiatrist's chair. • To order Broken Vows for £16 (RRP £20) go to bookshop.theguardian.
- Donald Trump vows to end H1-B visa program in Washington Times/CNN GOP debate
- “So far I cannot believe how civil it's been up here,” Mr. Trump said after a mild exchange with Sen. Ted Cruz over alleged flip-flops in his positions on ethanol and immigration.
- Iran vows to keep firing ballistic missiles
- Iranian officials said Thursday that the Islamic Republic would continue its missile program and said a series of tests it conducted this week do not violate United Nations prohibitions. Brig. Gen.
- Peru presidential candidate vows to keep fighting despite being barred
- Peru presidential candidate vows to keep fighting despite being barred. Julio Guzmán was disqualified by Peru's electoral tribunal after he surged in polls to second place and was seen as capable of defeating frontrunner Keiko Fujimori.
- Cubs starter Jon Lester vows to improve defense after shaky spring debut
- Lester vowed he would get better this year with his throws and stopping the running game. Catcher David Ross is in his final year, and the two are bonded at the hip. "It's all on me to make (Ross' job) a lot easier," he said.