A selection of articles related to wadi rum.
Original articles from our library related to the Wadi Rum. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Wadi Rum.
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Wadi Rum is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wadi Rum books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WADI RUM PROTECTED AREA JORDAN - TheSalmons.org
- 1. WADI RUM PROTECTED AREA. JORDAN.
- Nomination file (8 MB) - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Mar 3, 2012 Wadi Rum Protected Area forms a major part of the Hisma desert of southern Jordan and northern Arabia, lying to the east of the Jordan Rift ...
- Wadi Rum (Jordan) No 1377 - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- 10 mars 2011 Wadi Rum is a spectacularly scenic desert landscape of flat, sandy ... Wadi Rum Protected Area, Second Tourism Development. Project of the ...
- Wadi Rum & Jordan - Alpine Journal
- The weather in Wadi Rum the last two winters ('06 and '07) was unusually ... the parallel Wadi urn Ishrin, another unprecedented river carved a small wadi into ...
- The Mountains of Wadi Rum - Alpine Journal
- 109. The Mountains of Wadi Rum. TonyHoward.
Suggested News Resources
- Wadi Rum among '50 greatest adventures' listed by British daily
- AMMAN — The Telegraph daily has ranked visiting Wadi Rum in fourth place on a list of "50 greatest adventures to try in your lifetime".
- Jordanian army rescues injured Israeli stranded near Aqaba
- A Jordanian army helicopter on Saturday morning rescued an injured Israeli tour guide who was trapped in a narrow wadi, or valley, after a receiving a head injury the day before.
- Before Islam: When Saudi Arabia Was a Jewish Kingdom
- Petroglyphs in Wadi Rum, JordanEtan J. Tal, Wikimedia Commons. In a recent article titled “What kind of Judaism in Arabia?
- World Cup football fans to have option of staying in desert camps
- Camping is also a popular activity for tourists in the Middle East, with dozens of camps catering to visitors in the Wadi Rum area of Jordan, for example.
Suggested Web Resources
- Wadi Rum | Wadi Rum Protected Area
- Virtually all the people living in and around Wadi Rum are of Bedouin origin and … ... Visitors to Wadi Rum usually see very few animals because most desert ...
- Wadi Rum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Wadi Rum (Arabic: وادي رم ) also known as The Valley of the Moon (Arabic: وادي القمر ) is a valley cut into the sandstone and granite rock in southern Jordan 60 ...
- Wadi Rum Protected Area - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Wadi Rum Protected Area. The 74,000-hectare property, inscribed as a mixed natural and cultural site, is situated in southern Jordan, near the border with Saudi ...
- Wadi Rum - Lonely Planet
- Wadi Rum is everything you'd expect of a quintessential desert: it is extreme in summer heat and winter cold; it is violent and moody as the sun...
- Wadi Rum (Jordan): Address, Tickets & Tours, Desert Reviews
- Book your tickets online for Wadi Rum, Wadi Rum: See 1492 reviews, articles, and 1722 photos of Wadi Rum, ranked No.1 on TripAdvisor among 12 attractions ...