A selection of articles related to wadjet.
Original articles from our library related to the Wadjet. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Wadjet.
- Uadjet, Wadjet, Uajyt or Edjo, goddess of Buto, "the papyrus-colored one", meaning "the green one", which was a general name for the cobra, the uraeus, her sacred animal. Later she was connected to the ichneumon. In one Pyramid Text it is...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Amulets
- Amulets are magic objects which are carried on the person. The Egyptian words that refer to these objects are "sa" and "mkt" which are used for protective objects alone and "wedjet" which is used to refer to talisman as well....
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
Wadjet is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wadjet books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Egyptian Serpent Power - Words and Images of Joan Lansberry
- The most frequently seen snake deity is the cobra goddess Wadjet, (Wadjyt, Uadjet, Edjo, Uto), whose principal cult center was at Buto in the Nile Delta region of ...
- The Obosom of Yaa and Yaada - odwirafo
- culture and Uatchet (Wadjet) in Keneset and Kamit (ancient Nubia and Egypt). The word yaa in the language of the Akan has two major meanings: yaa - to chide ...
- Reading the Coffin of Meresamun Robert K. Ritner The Oriental
- also name a pairing of Wadjet and Nekhbet (goddesses of Lower and Upper Egypt) or dual images of the goddess Neith. The epithets on Meresamun's coffin ...
- Serpent Symbols and Salvation in the Ancient Near - Publications
- important serpent-goddess of. Lower Egypt: Wadjet. Wadjet.
- What People Believe - What Science Knows - Endcap
- European Association for Aquatic Mammals. Coordinated by Wadjet Consultancy - January 2012. 1/36.
Suggested News Resources
- Wadjet Eye's "Shardlight" adventure game now out for PC, plus GDC meeting
- Wadjet Eye Games is proud to announce their new adventure Shardlight has released for PC on Steam, GOG, and the studio's online store ( http://www.shardlight-game.com ).
- Wadjet Eye's Shardlight launching in March – new trailer
- Shardlight is the latest point-and-click adventure from award winning developer Wadjet Eye Games. Along with the new trailer below, Wadjet Eye Games has revealed the release date for Shardlight – March 8.
- Wadjet Eye's latest, Shardlight, gets a March release date
- While Wadjet Eye has published numerous adventure games recently (Technobabylon, Primordia, Resonance) most have been developed by third-party teams. Shardlight is the first game developed in-house by Wadjet Eye since Blackwell Epiphany in 2014, ...
- Wadjet Eye releases Shardlight demo and
- [This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.] Shardlight, the dramatic new adventure game from Wadjet Eye, will be out for PC in one week!
- Review: Shardlight
- Last month when revealing Shardlight's release date, I noted how Wadjet Eye Games tends to often stick to the familiar territory of graphic adventure games with the look and feel of mid-'90s PC titles. And as mentioned, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Suggested Web Resources
- Wadjet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Wadjet (/ˈwɑːdˌdʒɛt/ or /ˈwædˌdʒɛt/; Egyptian wꜣḏyt, "green one"), known to the Greek world as Uto (/ˈjuːtoʊ/ or Buto /ˈbjuːtoʊ/) among other names ...
- Ancient Egyptian Gods; Wadjet - Ancient Egypt Online
- Wadjet. Wadjet (Wadjyt, Wadjit, Uto, Uatchet, Edjo, Buto) was one of the oldest Egyptian goddesses. Her worship was already established by the Predynastic ...
- Wadjet - Crystalinks
- Wadjet. Serpent Goddess of Justice, Time, Heaven and Hell. In Egyptian mythology, Wadjet, or the Green One (also spelled Wadjit, Wedjet, Uadjet or Ua Zit and ...
- Egypt: Wadjet, The Serpent Goddess - Tour Egypt
- When I started looking for information on Wadjet, I ran into the fact that she is not a well-known goddess, and while I could find some information on her, much of ...
- Egypt: Wadjet, Goddess of Lower Egypt, Papyrus, and Protector of
- Wadjet (Wadjyt, Wadjit, Uto, Uatchet, Edjo) was the predynastic cobra goddess of Lower Egypt, a goddess originally of a city who grew to become the goddess of ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
hard-nut the nigger
john wayne character quotes
horse meat belgium
siege of the emperors palace
buckethead with thanatopsis