A selection of articles related to waning.
Original articles from our library related to the Waning. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Waning.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Osiris, Wesir, Ausar, Usir, meaning "place of the eye". Also Wennefer which means "the eternally good being" or "the perfect one". He has been called "Lord of the Afterworld", "Judge of the Blessed Dead", "...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- A Ritual for Samhain
- Samhain is a when the Spirit world is at it's closest to our world. One of the many ways to honor this fact is: to leave and offering by your back door. Leave and empty place setting for a departed loved one and your dinner table. Samhain is one the favored...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Banishing Debt And Paying Bills
- This should ideally be done in the waning moon phase on a Saturday. But otherwise on a Saturday is fine. You need: 1 black candle, 1 black pen (for banishing), Heat proof bowl, Spare paper, Cloves and ground cinnamon. Say: ‘I banish these expenses from my...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
Waning is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Waning books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Waning of the Sovereign State: Towards a New Paradigm for
- The Waning of the Sovereign State: Towards a New Paradigm for International Law? *. Christoph Schreuer **.
- The Waning of the Oedipus Complex
- J Psychother Pract Res, 9:4, Fall 2000. 239. The Waning of the Oedipus Complex .
- Evidence for waning of latency in a cohort study of tuberculosis
- RESEARCH ARTICLE. Open Access. Evidence for waning of latency in a cohort study of tuberculosis.
- Tips for the Waning Days of Training by Stride Longley of Marathon
- during these waning days, and suggestions for coping with them. I. Injury Prevention.
- The waning of climate change concern: Who's waning and why
- Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference. Sacramento, CA. November 15 , 2010.
Suggested News Resources
- Garrison Keillor's waning days of Lake Wobegon
- Garrison Keillor and the cast of "A Prairie Home Companion's" Summer Love Tour will roll into Eagle River Pavilion Aug. 26. A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION SUMMER LOVE TOUR: 7 pm Aug.
- Waning CLOs Puts $88 Billion Maturing LBO Loans in Doubt
- By Esteban Duarte Aug.
- Duke prof.: American's religious faith waning
- By TOM BREEN, AP A Duke University professor's new analysis of decades' worth of data suggests that American religious belief is getting gradually weaker and less widespread than it once was.
Suggested Web Resources
- waning - definition of waning by the Free Online Dictionary
- To decrease gradually in size, amount, intensity, or degree; decline. 2. To exhibit a decreasing illuminated area from full moon to new moon.
- Wane - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- The moon waxes and then wanes. The scandal caused her popularity to wane. Interest in this issue has continued to wane.
- Wane | Define Wane at Dictionary.com
- Waxing waning moo. /weɪn/ Show Spelled [weyn] Show IPA verb, waned, wan ·ing, noun to draw to a close; approach an end: Summer is waning. 4.
- Waning | Define Waning at Dictionary.com
- Copy & paste this link to your blog or website to reference this page.
- Lunar phase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sunlight (yellow arrows) is coming in from the right.