A selection of articles related to water spider.
Original articles from our library related to the Water Spider. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Water Spider.
- Everyday Water
- When you think of "Water" what comes to mind? A tranquil lake, gentle rain, or raging sea? Whether magical element or just a simple cup of tea, water can be a very special part of your life. Water Spirits Every body of water is an entity. Each lake,...
The Elements >> Water
- Spider: Grandmother of Creation
- At the dawn of summer, in the warmth of springtime, Spider peeks her head out and begins again to spin her tale. Her tale, like her web is spiral, each year bringing greater more elaborate worlds and possibilities into manifestation. Her story, her web is the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Psychic Protection - Barriers
- Introduction: The countermeasures given in these short articles are extremely basic. They only contain the bare bones of what is necessary to use them. To understand the principles behind these countermeasures, please get a copy of 'Practical Psychic Self-Defe...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Protection
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying, 15:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When any man hath a running issue out of his flesh, because of his issue he is unclean. 15:3 And this shall be his uncleanness in...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- A Simple Cleansing Meditation
- Make sure that you have a comfortable chair where you can sit with your feet firmly flat on the ground. Loosen any tight clothing and rest your hands in your lap. Relax and breathe deeply and rhythmically. In. Out. Each time you breathe in, envision yourself...
Mind >> Meditation
- Water Wisdon
- If you are lucky enough to live near mineral springs that naturally flow from the EarthMother's body, then you are lucky enough. If you do not live near mineral springs, locate some somewhere and make a pilgrimage there (weekly, monthly, annually, as often...
The Elements >> Water
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Water Spider is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Water Spider books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Newly discovered Australian spider breathes underwater, eats toads
- Dolomedes briangreenei is a member of the water-spider genus Dolomedes, and was named after Brain Greene because it uses miniscule vibrations on the surface of the water, or waves, to find its prey.
- What's next for the Catawba River
- Charlotte, but I want to be able to access and enjoy the water and fishing piers, trails and game lands.” At the federation, Gestwicki safeguards wildlife habitat.
- Seashells or spider silk: how nature could transform the structure of cities
- Spider silk is, says Oyen, “extremely tunable,” in that its properties change according to its water content. The spokes of spider webs are stiff, whereas the spiral of silk running around the spokes is droopy because it has more water in it.
- World Science Festival begins in Brisbane
- ROBERT RAVEN: I looked down at these water and I saw these water spiders sitting there and all of a sudden an insect hit the water and the spider raced out to get it, grabbed it, dived under the water and then swam back to the shore and started eating it.
- Bust: Seven buildings unfinished in city
- The spider is a new species of the Dolomedes genus, which are water spiders found mainly around Brisbane. They use vibrations on the surface to navigate and find prey.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.