A selection of articles related to watts riots.
Original articles from our library related to the Watts Riots. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Watts Riots.
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
Watts Riots is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Watts Riots books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- REVISITING THE 1992 LOS ANGELES RIOTS: AN ANALYSIS OF
- 1.3 Riots and the City of Los Angeles .........................................................4.
- THE ECONOMIC AFTERMATH OF THE 1960s RIOTS IN
- 1 During the Watts riot, 34 people were killed, more than 1000 people were injured, and more than 3000 instances of arson were recorded.
- Opposing Viewpoints The Watts Riots of 1965
- The Watts Riots of 1965.
- Watts, the 1965 Los Angeles Riots, and the Communicative
- Watts, the 1965 Los Angeles Riots, and the Communicative Construction of the Fear Epicenter of Los Angeles.
- “Burn, Baby, Burn”: Small Business in the Urban Riots of the 1960s
- Watts riot ushered in four “long, hot summers” of mayhem.
Suggested News Resources
- Aug. 11, 1965 | Riots in the Watts Section of Los Angeles
- By THE LEARNING NETWORK Library of Congress, New York World-Telegram and the Sun Newspaper Photograph CollectionLos Angeles police officers arrested a rioter during the Watts riots. Learn about key events in history and their connections to today.
- Much to learn from 'The Help'
- Close enough to see the smoke from the Watts riots in the heat of August 1965, but not near enough to understand the anger. That may be the difference between life in the suburbs of California and one in the heart of a city such as LA or Mississippi.
- Commentary: U.S. has same tensions that sparked Britain's riots
- In 1965, the Watts riots claimed 34 lives. Portions of Los Angeles erupted again in 1992 and 53 people died.
- New MLK Hospital interim CEO points to a brighter future
- The hospital, borne out of the Watts Riots and opened in 1972, had been cited more than a dozen times for patient care lapses and blamed for a series of deaths.
- The deep wound
- (I'm reminded of the 1965 Watts riots.) But then as now, context is everything.
Suggested Web Resources
- Watts Riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The term Watts Riots of 1965 refers to a large-scale riot which lasted 5 days in the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, in August 1965.
- A Huey P. Newton Story - Times - Watts Riots | PBS
- Soldiers at the site of the Watts Riot. With the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964, race relations seemed to be headed in the right direction.
- Watts Riots, 40 Years Later - latimes.com
- Aug 11, 2005 Watts Riots, 40 Years Later. Nine people who were in the midst of the turmoil recall how six days of violence changed lives -- and L.A.
- Watts Riots News Reel - YouTube
- Dec 10, 2006 A video from the 1960s about the watts riots. I was a teen in 1965, remember the Watts riots, I was right down the street in Inglewood.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Watts Riots Topics
Related searchesbeat it history
ethical consumerism moral boycott
rainforest the canopy
dream dictionary flying