A selection of articles related to weaving arts.
Original articles from our library related to the Weaving Arts. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Weaving Arts.
- Thoughts on the Soul and Reincarnation
- Life is an effort to re-member one's connections to the all-knowing soul, which we have chosen to forget so that we may fully appriciate that knowlege by experiencing what it is like to not have that knowlege. We do not remember our choosing this...
Spirits >> The Soul
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Calabrese, Adrian
- Adrian Calabrese, Ph.D. Adrian Calabrese, Ph.D., Msc. D., C.H., holds a doctorate in Psychical Research, another in Metaphysics, and is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. A psychic, channel, medium, holistic practitioner, inspirational speaker and minister,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Morrison, Dorothy
- Dorothy is a Wiccan High Priestess of the Georgian tradition and an avid practitioner of the ancient arts for over 20 years. She teaches the Craft to students throughout the US and in Australia. Her interests include archery and bowhunting, magical herbalism,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- --> Tuberculinum is made of pus from a tubercular abscess. Although this does not sound very friendly it is a great and important medicine. It is used when there is a history of tuberculosis in the family, in the first stadium of tuberculosis in a patient,...
Remedies >> Remedies T
Weaving Arts is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Weaving Arts books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Paper Weaving - Dick Blick Art Materials
- 1. Paper Weaving. (art + history; art + social studies; art + math).
- Weaving Traditional Arts Into the Fabric of Community Health
- DEDICATION. This publication is dedicated to the traditional artists of California who graciously participated in our research. Thank you for your willingness to ...
- the art of weaving - Arizona Computer Science
- and practice of, Weaving, and have through its pages given instructions how any one with ordinary capacity and perseverance may learn the theory of the Art.
- Lesson: SPINNINg, DYEINg AND WEAVINg - History Through the Arts
- Lesson: SPINNINg, DYEINg AND WEAVINg. By the 1780s, wool culture was becoming more common on the frontier. It began each spring with the shearing of ...
- Arts-based research: Weaving magic and meaning.
- Mar 31, 2012 Citation: Greenwood, J. (2012). Arts-Based Research: Weaving Magic and.
Suggested News Resources
- Weaving, Fiber Arts group gathers March 17
- CLINTON — Foothills Weaving and Fiber Arts Guild will meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday, March 17, at St.
- PEI artist Rilla Marshall uses weaving to bring climate change sharply into focus
- It's hard not to reach out and touch PEI-based artist Rilla Marshall's hand-crafted textiles with their unusual colour palettes — there are muddy browns, salty blues, eutrophic greens and the occasional wild splashes of violet thread.
- Weaving Fiber Into Winter Art Shows
- Artists like Sheila Hicks, Eva Hesse and Francoise Grossen brought the so called fiber arts—strings, ropes and fabric—into the contemporary lexicon by thinking big.
- Return of the Holy People
- Getzwiller, a collector and trader of Navajo arts for more than 40 years, said that's it's rare for a weaving exhibition to be devoted to single style, in this case the figurative Yei Be Cheis.
- Things to Do in the Hudson Valley, March 12 Through 27
- KATONAH School's Out/Arts In, unique projects for children up to age 12, like nest-weaving or birdhouse building. March 22 through 25. $5 and $8.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fiber, Textile, and Weaving Arts College Degree Programs - The
- Explore fiber, textile, and weaving arts studies and whether it's the right major for you. Learn how to find schools and universities with strong programs for this ...
- Mary Barnes
- Nothing was coming through except weaving. My head told me that I should ... You may contact me at 540.
- Fiber, Textiles, and Weaving Arts | Careers & Sample Curriculum
- Then consider fiber, textiles, and weaving arts, a fine arts major which teaches students the techniques of working with woven and non-woven fabrics and fibers, ...
- Fiber, Textile and Weaving Arts Colleges | Cappex.com
- Start your search for your Fiber, Textile and Weaving Arts degree. Compare colleges and Fiber, Textile and Weaving Arts programs. Find Fiber, Textile and ...
- Weaving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A satin weave, common for silk, each warp thread floats over 16 weft threads. Tablet loom ..... Hand weaving was highly regard and taken up as a decorative art.