A selection of articles related to welsh history.
Original articles from our library related to the Welsh History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Welsh History.
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
Welsh History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Welsh History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WELSH HISTORY REVIEW
- WELSH HISTORY REVIEW. Edited by Kenneth O. Morgan.
- The Play of History: The Performance of Identity in Welsh
- most important recent general studies of Welsh history have defined Wales and Williams' When Was Wales?, and Dai Smith's Wales: A Question of History.
- A Short History of Wales
- Foreword. This “Short History” has been compiled from a study of a number of other works, in particular “Life in Wales” by A.H.
- Key dates and events in Welsh history
- Key dates and events in Welsh history. B.C..
- 278 Short Notices Davies, Wendy, Welsh History in the Early Middle
- Davies, Wendy, Welsh History in the Early Middle Ages: Texts and Societies.
Suggested News Resources
- Wales Legend Martyn Williams Suffers Shock World Cup Omission
- It would appear that one of the most decorated and influential international careers in recent Welsh history has just come to an end.
- Wales' weird past revealed in new 'grim almanac'
- by Simon Gaskell, Wales On Sunday GHASTLY tales, dark deeds and freak fatalities that have blackened 150 years of Welsh history have been brought together in a new “grim almanac”. A stationmaster killed at his desk by a flying rock.
- Valley riots a century ago
- However, chair of Welsh history at Aberystwyth University, Prof William Rubinstein, has written extensively on what he believes were exemplary Welsh/Jewish relations at the time, and argues any notion of anti-Semitism does not stand up to scrutiny.
- How A-level results came in around Wales
- Miss Tudur achieved three A*s in Welsh, history and English and will be studying Welsh at Aberystwyth University.
- Discover the hidden secrets of Swansea Castle
- But despite its well-earned place in Welsh history, the city-centre building has not been open to tourists for generations.
Suggested Web Resources
- History of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The history of Wales begins with the arrival of human beings in the region thousands of years ago.
- Significant Dates in the History of Wales
- If you know the source for this chart, let me know so that I can give credit… I downloaded it in 1995.
- Welsh History
- Welsh History. Neolithic Age. Bronze Age.
- BBC - Wales - History
- BBC Wales' guide to Welsh history, genealogy, myths, legends, Celtic peoples and languages, Mabinogion, and legends.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.