A selection of articles related to welsh history.
Original articles from our library related to the Welsh History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Welsh History.
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
Welsh History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Welsh History books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- How Gareth Davies pulled off the biggest win in Welsh rugby history
- Gareth Davies had seen the signs. England might have been leading 22-18, but they were tiring. This was around the hour mark of that oh-so-important Rugby World Cup match at Twickenham last September.
- The Overprotected Kid
- A trio of boys tramps along the length of a wooden fence, back and forth, shouting like carnival barkers. “The Land! It opens in half an hour.
- Celebrate Welsh history with historical society event
- Laura Jenkins Gorun, a nationally known carver of Welsh Love Spoons, will be giving a talk on the history of Welsh Love Spoons. A raffle will be held for a spoon carved by Gorun. Other spoons and Welsh themed cards will be sold as well.
- 19 things you didn't know about St David and his day
- On 1 March Wales and the wider world will pay homage to St David, the celebrated patron saint. But how much do we actually know about him? Here, writing for History Extra, a spokesperson for Cadw, the Welsh government's historic environment service, ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Welsh History Topics
bradford park avenue afc history
imperfect tense italian
dream dictionary mosquito