A selection of articles related to welsh name.
Original articles from our library related to the Welsh Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Welsh Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Welsh Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Welsh Name books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Welsh Name Studies
- 'ii/Iciﬁld, Ilucst, cy11ha.~2ﬁiy and hcndrc in Welsh place-names', Lluesl is principally a farm-name of mid-Wales, not fig} u T .
- The indexing of Welsh personal names
- there is in Welsh a linguistic feature which can be disconcerting to those unfamiliar with the language: the.
- CHAPTER WL WELSH PONY AND COB DIVISION
- 2. A registered Welsh Pony recorded with the Federation under a different name, must show in Welsh classes for high score award points under its Welsh name.
- AH, YOU MUST BE A JONES
- name Jones living in the UK in 1998 according to the last census. Of the. Welsh population, 13.
- NAME Pronunciation Other Spellings English
- Meadbh, Medbh. The first century Queen of Connacht. Maoliosa.
Suggested News Resources
- Rizzoli & Isles goes to Salem
- Maura: “Sabrina is a very old Welsh name.” Jane: “It's also the name of the teenage witch.” Jane and Maura investigate the death of a self-proclaimed witch in this episode.
- TV shows lost in translation
- After a single stab at its Welsh name, Caroline Quentin called it Big House for the rest of the programme. Why not stick to its proper name? It's not as if T Mawr is very difficult to say.
- Evans recognised in Australian Federal Parliament
- "Cadel is a grand old Welsh name meaning 'battle', and battle he did - a tremendous battle showing great perseverance to win the Tour de France," she said.
- Bad to verse: poetry in the ardour of sports fans
- I said: ''Mate, I know Cadel's got a Welsh name and a weird head, but we're all Australians now. Isn't it a bit petty and mean-spirited to begrudge the man his glorious page in history?
Suggested Web Resources
- Behind the Name: Welsh Names
- ADERYN f Welsh Means "bird" in Welsh. This is a modern Welsh name.
- 20000-NAMES.COM: Female Welsh Names, Page 1 of 2--meaning
- List of female Welsh names.
- Welsh Baby Names
- Comprehensive resource for information and advice when choosing Welsh Baby Names. Unique, unusual, popular, and cool Welsh Baby Names.
- Welsh Name Meanings
- Results 1 - 20 of 120 NEW: Name Meaning Certificates. Print your own ready-to-frame certificate today. The Perfect Gift for absolutely any occassion.
- Welsh Names & Meanings | Welsh Boy & Girl Names | Baby Names
- Get Welsh names & meanings at Parents Connect Baby Names. We have Welsh boy names, Welsh girl names, & top Welsh names.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.