A selection of articles related to weret.
Original articles from our library related to the Weret. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Weret.
- 'The Great Flood'. Goddess of the primeval flood out of which life emerged and the sun god appeared. She was often depicted as a great cow with the sun disc between her horns, as such she was linked to Hathor and called the mother of Re. There was no cult...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- There are two aspects of this concept. The first one is the name of the deity Heka. The other one is the act of using heka. Heka the deity: One of the three creative powers of the Sungod Ra, which were neccessary for Creation to come about. Thus Heka was the...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Weret is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Weret books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ancient Egyptian tomb shows Nubian woman buried Nubian style as two cultures met
- The woman in the womb was named Weret. She was placed in a flexed position and lain in a bed on her side for burial. This, according to the researchers, is the Nubian style.
- Ancient Tomb Reveals Cultural Entanglement between Egypt and Nubia
- At some point around 1500 BC, Egypt conquered Upper Nubia, and each kingdom took on cultural aspects of the other. Clear evidence of this cultural mixing is seen in the recently discovered grave of two women buried in Nubian style but with Egyptian ...
- Identity unearthed: Excavations in Sudan reveal the transformation Egyptian
- Professor Stuart Tyson Smith opens an intact tomb with the coffined, mummified burial of an elderly woman inside. Her name was Weret, and she was buried with a heart scarab, which the Egyptians believed help the deceased have a favorable outcome in ...
- 'Hidden chamber' in Tutankhamun's tomb is 'full of treasures'
- A possible hidden chamber within the ancient tomb of Tutankhamun is “full of treasures,” Egypt's tourism minister has promised.
- King Tutankhamun: new evidence suggests ancient Egyptian gold mask was made
- A British Egyptologist has found new evidence suggesting the death mask of ancient Egyptian king Tutankhamun was not made for him – in fact, it was made for his stepmother, Queen Nefertiti. Egyptologist Nicholas Reeves told Egyptian news service Ahram ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesrite of christian initiation for adults
dream dictionary queen
dream interpretation zeppelin
book of the law