Western Culture History
A selection of articles related to western culture history.
Original articles from our library related to the Western Culture History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Western Culture History.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Western Culture History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Western Culture History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Urinalysis in Western culture: A brief history
- Dec 27, 2006 Urinalysis in Western culture: A brief history. JA Armstrong1.
- HIST 151 History of Western Civilization to 1650
- History of Western Civilization to 1650. General Description.
- INSTITUTE FOR THE STUDY OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION
- INSTITUTE FOR THE STUDY OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION. HISTORY OF THE JEWS III.
- Western Civilization
- Western Civilization or World History: A True Dilemma? by Louis J. Voskuil.
- Humanities, BA - Western Washington University
- Students become familiar with religious traditions in at least one non-Western culture.
Suggested News Resources
- Spirit of artist Mark C. Clapham lives on
- The young entrants must submit an original art project based on Western culture, history or heritage. The winning artwork is auctioned in part for scholarships. (see www.
- End of a chapter for Hamilton's chief librarian
- Northrop Frye argued in The Great Code that a person in our society cannot fully understand history — our history, western culture history — without a knowledge of the literature that allows for shortcuts and nuanced references to be understood.
Suggested Web Resources
- What is Western culture? What is non Western culture? The history
- Brief History of Western Culture Where Is Western Culture Transcends Geography and Race Race and Culture... No Connection Western Culture Superior?
- Western culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Western culture is neither homogeneous nor unchanging. As with all other cultures it has evolved and gradually changed over time.
- KOC: The History of Western Culture
- Jan 13, 2011 O, joy untold! PJTV's Klavan on the Culture is back with a new look and format for 2011.
- Amazon.com: Ballet in Western Culture: A History of Its Origins and
- Serves well as a basic foundation for my course devoted solely to ballet history.
- Ballet in western culture: a history ... - Google Books
- Ballet in Western Cultureis a history of the development of ballet designed for dance history courses.