A selection of articles related to western culture.
Original articles from our library related to the Western Culture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Western Culture.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Western Culture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Western Culture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Western Civilization, Our Tradition
- Western Civilization, Our Tradition by James Kurth. THE INTERCOLLEGIATE REVIEW—Fall 2003/Spring 2004. 5.
- The Mesopotamian Soul of Western Culture
- The Mesopotamian Soul of Western Culture. SIMO PARPOLA. Institute for Asian and African Studies, University of Helsinki.
- Roots of Western Culture: Prehistoric Cave Paintings, Ancient
- which Western art and culture took a decisive and dramatic step toward modern times.
- Non-Western Culture Courses
- Non-Western Culture Courses. Current as of 11/18/08. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Suggested News Resources
- Christianity infuses our Western culture
- The reality based community knows Christianity was a major force in shaping Western culture. It remains the dominant set of metaphors that Americans use to give meaning to their lives. Most of us also think it is true, but that is a different point.
- “India is being disrobed by western culture”
- “India is being disrobed by the western culture and the government is being a mute spectator to all this.
- Post-Jobs, Apple Needs to Open Up
- There's also no denying Apple's contributions to technology and, indeed, Western culture in recent years. Now that Jobs has stepped down, however, Apple has a great opportunity.
- Circumstance review
- It's hard enough being a teenager in Iran these days, especially if you're fascinated by Western culture, rock 'n' roll, techno, designer drugs, sex, alcohol, and movies like Milk.
- Ghana: Teshie Begins Homowo Celebrations
- In spite of the proliferation of the Western culture among the people of Africa, the celebration of festivals is one thing still held dear, without regard to one's religious beliefs or political affiliations.
Suggested Web Resources
- Western culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Western culture, sometimes equated with Western civilization or European civilization, refers to cultures of European origin.
- Category:Western culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Category:Western culture. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- What is Western culture? What is non Western culture? The history
- Western culture is a body of knowledge derived from reason.
- Differences between Eastern and Western culture - www
- Differences between Eastern and Western culture. Matt Armstrong.
- What is this “Western culture” you speak of? | Gene Expression
- Dec 11, 2010 Culture | | This is my comment of the month:Pontifications about Western culture bother me.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Western Culture Topics
x-com ufo defense
texas municipal government
cavity magnetron radar