A selection of articles related to whig party.
Original articles from our library related to the Whig Party. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Whig Party.
- Samhain: Summonings, Conjurations, Invocations - Why Bother?
- With the approach of Samhain, Halloween, All Soul's Day, and "the Day of the Dead" (all related festivals), I've heard several folks declare that they are going to ignore the main focus of the party. They aren't going to bother the spirits, but...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Morrison, Dorothy
- Dorothy is a Wiccan High Priestess of the Georgian tradition and an avid practitioner of the ancient arts for over 20 years. She teaches the Craft to students throughout the US and in Australia. Her interests include archery and bowhunting, magical herbalism,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Religions >> Buddhism
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
Whig Party is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Whig Party books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Modern Whig Party
- Where Does The Modern Whig Party Fall On The Political Spectrum (Left or right) ?
- History of American Parties First Party System: 1790-1824 First Party
- 1848 Whig Party candidates. Zachary Taylor & Millard Fillmore. History of American Parties.
- Illinois Legislature Abe became an influential force of the Whig party
- Abe became an influential force of the Whig party in the Illinois legislature and was reelected in. 1836, 1838, and 1840.
Suggested News Resources
- Your View: Modern Whig Party may have the right answers
- The Modern Whig Party is that national centrist party they are seeking. Fiscally conservative, reform the tax code, simplify the government, support our veterans and no bickering. This is the national party for you.
- Lincoln: The trajectory of a politician
- Abraham Lincoln joined the Whig Party in the 1830s. The Whig Party coalesced around the issue of opposition—not to slavery, but to Andrew Jackson. Since Jackson was president, the Whig Party argued for Congressional supremacy in policy-making.
- Lindbergh Links: One Road, Two Names; the Difference Is a City Limit
- Leffingwell, it seems, was a politician as well as a real estate promoter and was a vigorous supporter of the Whig Party.
- Merlene Davis: Lexingtonian who settled in Liberia became president there
- In 1881, Russell, a member of the True Whig Party, became vice president of Liberia, serving with President Anthony William Gardiner who was in his third term.
- On This Day ... August 16
- This leads to a violent riot outside the White House by Whig Party members.
Suggested Web Resources
- Whig Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Whig Party was a political party of the United States during the era of Jacksonian democracy.
- The Whig Party
- Established in 1834, the Whig Party was a reaction to the authoritarian policies of ^Andrew Jackson^.
Whig Party Topics
Related searchesmeaning of dreams about rocking-chair
cello tailpiece and endpin
new urbanism examples
viola spolin spolins games