Whistle Register Singers
A selection of articles related to whistle register singers.
Original articles from our library related to the Whistle Register Singers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Whistle Register Singers.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Norse Great Father, carries two ravens upon his shoulder to tell him of mans destiny, All Father, Giver of written language (runes). Originally a god of death, whose range later came to encompass magic (especially runic magic), battle (giving victory by...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
Whistle Register Singers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Whistle Register Singers books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sound and video examples complementing the article „Three
- on the singing voice registers, particularly on the so called “whistle” register, top part of the female pitch range, which is accessible only to some singers.
- Physiological Changes in the Adolescent Female Voice
- Examples of this whistle register or whistle tone can be heard in the music of the pop singer Mariah Carey, popular song stylist (McKinney, p 106).
- ON THE USE OF ELECTROGLOTTOGRAPHY FOR
- voice) and mechanism III (”whistle” register).
- Khalid H Al Malki, MD, PhD
- May 17, 2011 3. Vocal fry (pulse) register. 4.
- The tuning of vocal resonances and the upper limit to the high
- Aug 31, 2010 with the whistle register, perhaps because relatively few singers are able to sing in the very high range with which it is associated.
Suggested Web Resources
- Whistle register - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The whistle register is the highest phonational register, that in most singers begins above the soprano "high C" (C6 or 1046.
- Urban Dictionary: whistle register
- The whistle register is very rarely used in music, mostly because the ability to hold a pitch in the whistle register is itself very rare.
- Forums > Whistle Register By Male Singers
- Now, my first question is as follows: is this my whistle register?