- Whitewater, usually spelled white water in both American and British English, is formed in a ... The term "whitewater" also has a broader meaning, applying to any river or creek itself that has a significant number of rapids. The term is ...
- Whitewater - US Scouting Service Project
- illnesses that could occur while participating in whitewater activities including ... Explain the following river features: upstream V, downstream V, riffle, eddy, eddy ...
- The future of whitewater kayaking - Doug Ammons
- touring kayaks sold as whitewater kayaks, and a thousand times as many skis and snowboards. Very few ... catching eddies, running whitewater from Class I on .
- Whitewater Rafting Merit Badge Requirements
- Whitewater merit badge, including hypothermia, heatstroke, heat exhaustion, dehydration, sunburn, insect stings, tick ... o Class II – small riffles and micro eddies.
- Overview Map, Whitewater Classification, Mileages - Bureau of Land ...
- Class III Waves are numerous, high and irregular; rocks, eddies, narrow passages; scouting usually required. Class IV Powerful, irregular waves; boiling eddies; ...
- Safety Code of American Whitewater
- whitewater resources and to enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely. adopted 1959 .... look upstream before leaving eddies to run or play.
- Baseball: Scouting the Fox Valley
- Top returning athletes: Pat Gallagher (sr., OF/P/C), Miguel Perez (sr., OF/P), Eddy Ramos (sr.
- Gold Country: wet and wild on the American River
- The techniques you'll learn from Current Adventures' Whitewater River Kayaking classes (RK1 is for beginners) in easy-moving water will give you the confidence and boat control to paddle through the eddies and currents under your own power. Move to the ...
- College basketball: Florida Gulf Coast off and running
- DAYTON, Ohio — Marc-Eddy Norelia scored 20 points and Florida Gulf Coast coasted to a 96-65 win over an overmatched Fairleigh Dickinson team in a First Four game Tuesday night.
- 'Biggest in 40 years': rare Eddie surf competition draws thousands in Oahu
- The rare Eddie Aikau big wave surf competition was finally given a green light by event officials on Thursday, marking the first time in seven years that the elite invitational has taken place, on the North Shore of the island of Oahu, Hawaii.
- There's a new artificial surf spot in Central Oregon
- Nowadays, you don't need oceans to surf. Welcome to the Bend Whitewater Park, an artificial river wave arena for all water sports enthusiasts located in Bend, Oregon. The innovative park features four waves of various degrees of difficulty.
- Whitewater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Eddies. Eddies are formed, like hydraulics, on the downstream face of an obstruction. Unlike hydraulics, eddies swirl on the ...
- Glossary of Basic White Water Kayaking Terms - Girls At Play, LLC ...
- Nov 19, 2008 This glossary is a compilation of basic whitewater kayaking terms meant ... from your kayak by catching multiple eddies (see eddy) at the top of ...
- Shotgun eddy The Ultimate White Water trip. For Information or ...
- Shotgun Eddy Raft Rental ........... the ultimate whitewater rafting in northern Wisconsin. Located on the Wolf River in Menominee County, rafting trips are ...
- American Whitewater - Safety Code of American Whitewater
- Whitewater rivers contain many hazards which are not always easily recognized. The following are .... Always look upstream before leaving eddies to run or play.
- Know How to Identify Whitewater River Features
- Here is a list of the most common river features and hazards that whitewater ... these areas it creates an effect that causes the water in the eddy to flow up stream.
Whitewater Eddies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Whitewater Eddies books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.